2015 Dodge Durango miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Dodge Durango:

2015 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Aug 122016

Durango

Rented car, drove expressway about 25 miles when on a mild incline I noticed the car was not accelerating. The radio was still playing, no warning lights displayed, speedometer dropped quickly from 65mph to 10mph and no response when accelerator was depressed even all the way to the floor. The car was still in drive mode and emergency flashers worked. Traffic was heavy with semi trucks which nearly collided with car as there were no emergency lanes to move to. After about a minute or two the accelerator worked again. In the next 75 miles to a city with same rental company it occured 3-4 more times. It was a very dangerous situation and I feel lucky to have survived the nerve racking drive. The rental company has the car and "is looking into the problem" and checking the gas from speedway that was used to fill the 1/2 tank prior to driving. They say there are no recalls but I see where previous years of this model have had that problem and obviously has not yet been adequately repaired still presenting a major safety issue

- Ft Thomas, KY, USA

May 172016

Durango

Vehicle was in park position on a side road. It was still running since we weren't going to remain parked there except for a few minutes. I was taking pictures of my son before his band concert near the school where the vehicle was parked. It remained stationary/parked for up to 4 minutes at which point in time it started rolling down the inclined road unattended. Have no idea what part of the care malfunctioned to switch it out of park. So unkown.

- Tunkhannock, PA, USA

May 132016

Durango

I was driving my new Durango (3,200 miles) on I-90 (75mph) when the sunroof exploded. The sunroof was closed at the time and the hard shell was pushed back. The temperature outside was 48 and cloudy. I thought the the whole right side of my car would be gone when it happened as the explosion was so loud. I had very little glass in the car as most of it blew up and back scratching the top. My right ear and temple bothered me for about 6 hours after the explosion. I have taken the Durango to the local Dodge dealer and am currently waiting to see if they will fix it. They claim never to have seen this before, I doubt I'm the first.

- Piedmont, SD, USA