1. replace the belt & redesign pulley with flange (1 reports)
1997 Dodge Grand Caravan cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Dodge Grand Caravan:

1997 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

Jun 022008

Grand Caravan SE 3.3L

We were driving during a severe thunderstorm. I did not want to stop in the middle of road and wanted to pullover where rain density was a little less. Next thing I noticed was that the engine temperature was rising rapidly, steering became very hard and A/C would not work ( fogging ). I managed to pull over.

We found that the grooved belt that powers the three systems mentioned had slipped off the pulley. I was further disappointed when I saw the design of pulley; it does not have any flange to prevent the best from sliding off. A small design change could have contributed greatly to the reliability of this vehicle.

Grand Caravan is a "name", not an experience.

- , New Berlin, WI, USA