6.8

2. replace cluster. $250.00 for repairs (1 reports)
  3. replace instrument cluster (1 reports)
  4. solder joints on back of cluster board (1 reports)
1998 Dodge Grand Caravan accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan:

1998 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

Jul 302014

Grand Caravan Sport 3.3L V6

The instrument panel would go off randomly and then pop back on, half the time I don't know what gas I have in the tank, how fast I'm going... nothing for days at a time, and at night driving was very dark and frustrating

- , Pontiac, MI, USA

Jul 202012

Grand Caravan

Super annoying and inconvenient when the van won't start and many mechanics later, I find the answer online!!!!!!!!

- , Seattle, WA, USA

Mar 012012

Grand Caravan SE 3.8L V6

THIS IS A PROBLEM I HAD IT CHECKED OUT WHILE I HAD OTHER THINGS GOING ON WITH THE VAN. THEY SUGGESTED I LOOK AT A RECALL LIST.

Update from Jul 8, 2012: I had to have my instrument cluster replaced. Costing me $230.00.

- , Martin, OH, USA

Nov 012009

Grand Caravan Sport 3.3L V6

problem doe's not happen all the time. I can be driving down the road and all of a sudden I have no speedometer, tachometer, gas gauge, automatic locks, or heat gauge. Will not work for over a week and all of a sudden every thing clicks back on, I generally can tell because the door locks operate and fullpanel is working. May not go off for an extended period of time and suddenly it clicks off and may come back same day or remain off indefinately. Have taken to dealer and they can find no problem, they said best solution is to replace entire modul and estimate cost at $300.00 to $700.00 but can not guarantee this will solve the problem. This car only had 3 miles on it when I took it off dealer lot, am completely happy with performance except for this problem. Can some-one please help with this problem.

- , Suwanee, GA, USA

Jun 082010

Grand Caravan 3.3L

Instrument Cluster is a pain in my aaaaaaaaaaaaaasssss constantly going out.Come's on when it want to,and nobody seems to know how to fix it.

- , Cambria Heights, NY, USA