4.0

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

Feb 102013

Grand Caravan Sport

Within the last couple weeks I have noticed the steering column does not lock when I take the key out (was it always like this?) and when I go to turn the key on, it will not turn. This usually happens once a week, and after a few jiggles it turns. Yesterday it did it EVERYTIME I went to turn the key, and a couple jiggles did not work. I googled the problem, read to spray in WD40 and put the key in & out and then to use a rubber mallet to hammer key in......

I did the WD40 (still would not turn), so I used my palm and hit the key in and it turned. Had to hit it again this morning also.

What is the (easy?) solution?!

Help