1. put a new engine in it or scrap it (1 reports)
2000 Dodge Grand Caravan engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

Jul 012007

Grand Caravan Sport 3.3L V6 FLEX FUEL

I have always taken good care of the van, using fuel additives to clean the system and regular preventative maintenance. It sounded like it was missing so I took it to the local Dodge dealer. They replaced the plugs and soldered a wire. It was still missing and they said I may need a valve job. I decided to put some engine cleaner in the tank to clean it and give it time. When I was on my way back home the engine blew a rod so I was stranded 300 miles from home. Had it towed to a Dodge dealer and the news was you need to put a new or used engine in the vehicle. The estimate was about $2400, with $850 being the cost of the engine. It was a hard choice for me but I decided to junk the van since it has cost me a bundle in repairs from the time I bought it.

- , Webb City, MO, USA