8.0

2. replace compressor and dryer (1 reports)
2001 Dodge Grand Caravan AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

Jun 012011

Grand Caravan LX

My AC went out last summer, too... back then my ex-husband (a licensed mechanic) had taken care of it for me, but this summer it's out on me once again... just another issue to add to the list... never buying a dodge again. I can't say that enough.

- , Des Moines, 21, USA

May 242010

Grand Caravan Sport 3.3L

I had to replace the compressor and drier in order to get my AC working again. really expensive!!! how can I get my money back if there was a recall for this?

- , Creve Coeur, IL, USA

Jul 282006

Grand Caravan V6

We bought this van in 2002 with 32000 miles on it the next summer the a/c quit working. We took it to a Dodge dealership and they replaced the dryer and compressor. The total cost was almost $700. We paid for this out of our pocket since there was no warranty. About 6 months later we received a recall notice about this same problem. We sent in our receipt and within about 10 days we received a check for the amount we were out. This was the good part. Then 3 years later the condenser went bad. It was going to be over $700 to fix this problem. We did not fix it. I finally ordered a condenser and had it installed. It worked good for about 2 weeks then quit again. I had it looked at again and was told the compressor and dryer was bad. If I replace it this will be the 3rd ones in this vehicle. Since it is only 6 years old I find it hard to believe that something is not causing this problem.

- , Drumright, OK, USA