1. replace coolant lines to rear a/c (2 reports)
2001 Dodge Grand Caravan cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

Feb 022008

Grand Caravan ES 3.3L V6

I plan to get this fixed tomorrow and I'll show the mechanic the posting I found here that mentioned a $95 fix using non-corrosive flexible heating hose instead of the $300 replacement tubing. I hope he can do that.

- , Darien, CT, USA

Jan 032008

Grand Caravan Sport 3.3L V6

So I'm driving along in -20 F cold, my three kids and wife in the car, and we get a strong antifreeze smell. Then the heat stops working. I keep an eye on the engine temp and, because of the extreme cold, no overheating. So I get home, pop the hood: no coolant. I pour in some antifreeze, only to see it come gushing out from a hole in the line that goes back to the rear A/C. When I take it to the mechanic, know what he says? "We see a lot of corroded coolant lines on these Grand Caravans." What a surprise. So instead of paying $300 bucks to replace the line, they put in a non-corrosive flexible heating hose for $95. What team of morons engineered these Caravans?

- , Minnetonka, MN, USA