4.3

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

Oct 172007

Grand Caravan

Oct 17 2007 my van started acting like this. The van will not start but everything worked that needing the battery. When drove for 2sec the van just lost all power and would not start. I checked the battery, fuses, and relays. I had it towed to a shop and they can not fined out. They was thinking the computer and keys need to redone.

- Portsmouth, VA, USA

Oct 032006

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

The headlights flicker off on my 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan with 68,000 miles. This originally happened on vacation with my family of 5 in the car on a highway in Tennessee. When the lights went off I reached forward to touch the switch and they came back on. 3 weeks went by without another incident. Now almost daily the lights flicker off and come back on when I touch the switch. This has not been repaired yet.

- Elk Grove Village, IL, USA

Aug 142006

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

: the contact stated the vehicle stalled four times while driving at various speeds. The vehicle was taken to the dealership who was unable to duplicate the problem. Finally the dealership determined the black box needed to be replaced. While driving the vehicle 25 mph, there was a very loud noise. The vehicle would not go into gear. The vehicle began to roll when placed in park. The emergency brake was engaged to stop the vehicle which was later towed to a dealership for inspection.

- Lawrence, MA, USA

Jul 202006

Grand Caravan

Own a 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan sport. Car was towed to Dodge dealer on Friday July 20,2006, due to rough engine idling. Was told that it was a PCM, would take until the following Wednesday to have to part shipped in ( I live in the Chicago area ). on Thursday Dodge called to say that the rocker arm in the # 5 piston needed to be replaced, this would take additional time. The rocker arm was replaced and again Dodge called to advise me that now there was a short in the electrical harness and they would need to trace to locate the short. Car was finally returned to me on August 9,2006. My wife used it to go to the store, she called me and said the car had died while stopping at a red light.this was just 4 hours after picking the car up from the dealer. Car was again towed to Dodge dealer. Total time Dodge has had my car is now 21 days and counting. I've had to rent 3 different cars during this time all on my own expense.

- Roselle, IL, USA

Oct 062004

Grand Caravan 4-cyl

After starting the vehicle all the gauges work. After about fifteen minutes all the gauges stopped working. As of 10/22/04, the problem had gotten worse. As soon as the vehicle was turned on all of the electrical parts in the vehicle stopped working. There would be no blinker. All gauges in the dash did not come on, the electrical passenger side door and the hatch stopped working.

- Atlantic City, NJ, USA