6.0

2004 Dodge Grand Caravan fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2004 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

Jan 062013

Grand Caravan ES 3.8L V8

I have a fuel smell from around my fuel tank. There is a leak in the valve area on top of the tank of my 2004 Grand Caravan? Needless to say it's in an area that is hard to see and very hard to get to. If I keep the fuel level below 1/2 tank full I have fewer problems, above that level .... I need this van it's my only transportation, yet a 1/2 tank limit on filling it means that I can't travel any great distance or out of my home area such as out of state to visit relatives. A mechanic I know says I need to change the valve and the fuel rail??? (I'm not mechanical...can you tell). I checked on the internet today and I found that because of the way this area of my van is designed that (1) it is a semi-common issue in the Dodge Caravans and Dodge Grand Caravans and (2) the part is relatively not that expensive (around $80) but the HUGE part of the cost is removing the tank to get to the area that needs to be fixed, then replacing it correctly. (Lots of complaints about this issue on one website.)

?Am I getting the correct information? About no recalls on this issue and about the costs?

- , Leon Vally, TX, USA