1.9

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments (Page 10 of 15)

Sep 012009

Grand Caravan

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan intermittent electrical issues with dash lights and door locks door locks will not lock, door locks cycle up and down while vehicle is being driven, rear passenger doors will not open with remote or unlock with remote or buttons inside of vehicle.

- Manchester, NH, USA

Dec 282009

Grand Caravan

About one week ago I got back from buying groceries, and when I parked, got out and was going close the door, I heard the warning sound. The same sound that rings when you leave your keys in the ignition or the headlights on, but I had the keys in my hand and the lights were all off. From then on the power locks will not unlock or lock by either the remote or the door switch. I read online that removing the iod fuse for 5 seconds and replacing it would work, and it did, but many on the online forum also said this was temporary and that it would happen again. I'm sure thousands of people have complained, please make this a recall. :(

- Dallas, TX, USA

Dec 302009

Grand Caravan

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan power locks not working. Pulled iod fuse and are working again. Found thousands of complaints on web. Iod only temporary fix. Dodge knows the problem and is doing nothing. Shame!!!!

- South Windsor, CT, USA

Dec 062009

Grand Caravan

Power door locks failure, dealer can not resolve issue.

- Charlotte, MI, USA

Aug 172009

Grand Caravan

I own a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan. I noticed last summer that every once in a while the automatic locks and doors would stop working. We researched this online and found that if you popped one of the fuses out and then put it back in, that it would fix the problem. This worked for a while. However, now the only way that the automatic locks work is if every single time before starting the ignition, you pop the hood, take out the fuse and then replace will the automatic locks work. And this only lasts as long as the van has been running; as soon as you turn it off, the automatic locks stop working. This is a safety issue; if I am in a bad area, I need to have my locks working. With small children in the car, I need to know that my locks are working. Even for leaving small things in the vehicle, the locks need to be working.

- Clawson, MI, USA

Oct 302009

Grand Caravan

I have a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan, the locks quit working, it use to auto lock ounce you hit 20 mph and now it doesn't so the doors can be opened at any speed any time, as well as you can not unlock the doors unless you unlock the only lock on the exterior which is the on drivers side so my 3 and 4 year old have to wait on the curb while I go around to unlock the driver door then climb in to unlock their doors so that they can get in, the whole time im praying they don't go out into the street. I researched the problem and found out it is very common in this vehicle but Dodge wont fix the issue.

- Cedar Rapids, IA, USA

Jun 192009

Grand Caravan

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan, driver side sliding door locks don't work using the key fob or the electric switch. Nor does the automatic open work using the key fob or electric switch.

- Cameron, NC, USA

Nov 112009

Grand Caravan

Power door locks won't work with the key fob or the door switch. No possible way to secure the rear hatch. There is no manual way to lock the rear hatch.

- Denver, CO, USA

Oct 102009

Grand Caravan

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan - pwr locks stopped working.

- Doraville, GA, USA

Nov 122009

Grand Caravan

Power door locks will not lock or unlock.

- Bridgman, MI, USA

Nov 012009

Grand Caravan

My 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan has 70000 miles on it. Last week I found out that the power door locks do not work. By doing an online search it seams like a large number of Dodge Grand Caravan owners are experiencing this issue. I feel like this is a safety issue because it is not easy to lock/unlock doors specially when you have young children.

- Kennewick, WA, USA

Jan 012009

Grand Caravan

Power locks fail to operate. I am being told this is a common problem on the 2005 Grand Caravan and that it is a problem with the ECM. Why has this not been recalled?

- Wattsburg, PA, USA

Nov 012009

Grand Caravan

Power door locks spontaneously quit working on 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan. Googled to get info and this site showed there are many complaints about this problem: www.carcomplaints.com/Dodge/Caravan/2005/electrical/power_door_locks_quit_working.shtml. I am going to try some of the suggestions such as pulling a certain fuse...this should be a consumer replacement by Dodge. This is a real safety problem.

- Jefferson, WI, USA

Oct 012009

Grand Caravan

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan door locks no longer work using the remote or the buttons inside the van. Not sure what is causing the issue. Vehicle has 56,000 miles and has been well maintained. The locks do not engage when the vehicle is in motion, which it normally would do. I see this as a safety issue. Only two of five doors have keyed locks which can be manually locked/unlocked with the key, but when you have children and a stroller, crawling through the vehicle while children are unattended creates another safety concern in my mind. I believe the remaining Dodge dealerships should fix this defect at no charge to dissatisfied owners who are experiencing this problem.

- Parma, OH, USA

Oct 202009

Grand Caravan

I'm writing to request that an investigation is conducted into the failure of the automatic door locks of the 2005 Dodge Caravan. Please review the following website for multiple incident reports of the same issue: www.carcomplaints.com/Dodge/grand_caravan/2005/electrical/electric_door_lock_failure.shtml I have owned a 2005 Dodge Caravan for 3 years now. The problem is that the power door locks stop functioning completely on the vehicle. The fact that there is only 1 keyhole on the vehicle on the driver side door makes for loading and unloading children from the vehicle very difficult. The driver side door needs to be unlocked and the driver needs to reach throughout the vehicle to pull up the lock knobs to open the other doors. I'm hoping that the outcome of the investigation is that Dodge will be required to repair the problem without any cost to the many Dodge customers that this problem has affected.

- Bensalem, PA, USA

Oct 172009

Grand Caravan

My automatic locks on my 2005 Dodge grand carven have stopped working. They do not work from the automatic lock switches inside the car, nor door they work from my keychain. The trunk door seems to functionally work without problems but every other door doesn't lock! this is a huge safety issue with my 3 small children!

- Brookpark, OH, USA

Oct 212009

Grand Caravan

I have had the situation where all doors will not lock or unlock on my 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan. I looked on this forum, autoforum.classifieds1000.com/Dodge-grand_caravan/power_locks_will_not_lock_or_unlock, there are many people who have had the same problem. I did pull the iod fuse as stated in the forum and it worked for now. Many people say it is only a temporary fix. Is there any recalls or fixes that you know about.

- Bismarck, ND, USA

Jan 102007

Grand Caravan

I bought my 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan August of 2006. The door locks stopped working probably January of 2007. Nothing seemed to cause it. It just stopped working. The only solution to it is to disconnect the battery cable for a little while and reconnect it and it works for a few days and stops. It is unsafe to have this problem. Being able to quickly lock and unlock your doors is important. Now I have to unlock the driver door and climb in the car to unlock any other doors and climb back to lock it. Something should be done about this.

- Pomona, CA, USA

Oct 152009

Grand Caravan

No event leading up to failure. Power locks stopped working except for the back.

- Saint Johnsbury, VT, USA

Jul 012008

Grand Caravan

The power door locks have failed. The van only has a key lock on the drivers door and with kids this is not only inconvenient, but it's not safe. After looking it up on the internet, pulling and replacing a fusing provided a temporary fix, but that will not work now. Apparently the only fix is having the dealer reload the memory. This seems to be a very common problem and should be addressed.

- Lewistown, IL, USA