2005 Dodge Grand Caravan accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

Aug 182005

Grand Caravan

I own a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan that is approximately one year old. On 8/18/06, I was driving and a coolant sprayed onto my leg causing burning and permanent scaring. I was able to control the vehicle to the side of the road. Dealer tech indicated that the heater core tube broke inside the vehicle at the heater core. I called the manufacturer number and was advised that I would receive a written correspondence within 12 days. Within one week of the accident a manufacturers representative inspected the van. Today is 9/27/06, I have left several messages to the number provided but have received no response. I'm not sure what the root cause of the problem is or if the car will be safe again to drive. I hope you can help, aside from physical and economic damages incurred, I am concerned that if a similar accident occurs an even more tragic result may occur. The van is now at the dealer that we purchased the vehicle from.

- N. Scituate, RI, USA