6.0

2. replaced battery (1 reports)
2005 Dodge Grand Caravan electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

Feb 092010

Grand Caravan SXT V6

slightly annoying but its only 1 door so i don't worry much about it. its a convenience anyways, not a necessity

- , Fort Drum, NY, USA

Jun 012010

Grand Caravan SXT 3.8L

Couple of weeks back I faced an absolute similiar problem as reported by several others regarding the complete power failure on sliding doors. Neither remote control keys, nor overhead console keys were working. Additionally check engine light came up too. I came to this forum and found the recommendation of fuse or battery disconnect for some time to resolve this issue however appears like a temporary fix.

One thing that striked me as a repeat pattern in all complaints was that there was no complaint within year 2005 or immediately afterwards. Mostly complaint dates were of recent years or atleast 2 to 3 years after this model came on road so I suspected if weaker battery could be the cause.

I got my battery replaced immediately and guess what - all electricals are working perfectly again. Doors are automatically sliding on/off. Remote is working fine. Two weeks have already passed so I think my problem is resolved. I will recommend this fix to any one who is facing this issue prior to going to dealer and spending money on flashing or replacing the Body Control Module.

- , Shakopee, MN, USA

May 202010

Grand Caravan LX V6

The dealer told us it would cost us $400.00.That is a lot of money,when we have taken very good care of our van.All in general,it has been a good dependable van,Just how do things like that break when they are not abused.?It don' make since..........

- , Moundsville, WV, USA

Jul 042009

Grand Caravan SXT V6

The passenger side automatic sliding door only travels half way before stopping. I cannot see any obstructions in the track. I'm thinking there may be some sort of sensor that is malfunctioning but I'm not sure. Anyone got any suggetions?

- , Knoxville, TN, USA