8.0

2. had to have it replaced (1 reports)
2006 Dodge Grand Caravan AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

Aug 232011

Grand Caravan

Air stopped blowing cold air and had to replace it over 800 dollars couldn't provide the VIN number because it is currently sitting in the shop waiting for the transmission to be replaced which will take at least a month to save up for.

- , Omaha, NE, USA

Jun 092009

Grand Caravan SLE 3.8L

My Grand Caravan was great for about 3 years, now it's falling apart. All started June '09, the a/c went out, the driver's side sliding door quit working(i have to do it by hand), the winch for my spare tire broke(no spare tire and stupid thing hanging under my car), all the rubber stuff around doors and windows are falling off, the service engine soon light is on and had it checked and they say it is the gas recirculating valve(EGR), and finally the airbag light is on and i just found out that thats been recalled! I think its pretty sh*tty that my car is only 4 years old and all this stuff is wrong with it!! It all stuff that is wrong is a manufacturing defect and I don' t think it's fair to have to pay for it all out of my pocket when I have a family to raise! It would be different if it was the motor or transmission, that would be my fault for not regularly maintaining it, but its all stuff I couldn't do anything about!!

- , Marshalltown, IA, USA

May 012009

Grand Caravan 3.2L

Chrysler sent me a letter saying this was a problem they were having with that year and model dodge vehicle I had paid about $200 to fix ac issue and it leaked again and you could hear freon coming out in the rear. So I took my van to a dodge dealer Bob Frensley Nashville Tn and I took with it there recall letter they sent to me and the dealer said Mr Landers give us $90 dollars for the check and if that is what it is we will fix if not we will charge you more. I ask them why did you ( Dodge ) send this letter to a loyal unemployed dodge owner and make me spend my last gas money to drive to your dealership and why did the letter offer to pay me back for the money I had already spent on this problem then I get here happy and anxious to have my ac working again and instead I get a scam to make Dodge owners come out and spend money and forget about the money you already have lost you want get back what we Chrysler promised in print?

I am ashamed of Chrysler I mentioned to the dealer that you would have been better off not to have sent this letter and better off not to have said anything about your ac problem disguised as a legitimate customer loyalty recall. I am burning hot about this what money I had that day to drive to the dealership was all I had thank you no lunch that day. I intend on checking with a attorney as soon as my income permits this. Thank you for a listening ear.

- , Nashville, TN, USA

Jun 012009

Grand Caravan SXT V6

I took it to a mechanic and he said it would be about $400/$500 to fix. We haven't gotten it fixed yet because we have not had the money but I did receive a letter from Chrysler regarding the problem. Apparently there have been problems on 2006 & 2007 models because they are extending the rear air conditioning evaporator warranty coverage

- , Byron, Illinois, USA

May 012008

Grand Caravan

Had the AC checked they said it was just low on freon and added some

- , Omaha, NE, USA