6.0

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

Mar 012010

Grand Caravan SXT 3.2L V6

At first we thought it was the power steering pump, then we thought it was something caught in the fan. When you start the car there is a loud noise that sounds like something hitting metal. When you put it into drive, it quietens down. Now the engine light is flashing. I'm worried. What could it be? The engine runs smoothly when you increase RPMS. It chugs in Park. Could it be the rack and pinion? It was leaking when we had a brake repair but we couldn't afford to have it repaired.

- , Aiken, SC, USA

Sep 012009

Grand Caravan SXT 3.8L

Had this looked at when under warranty and dealer could find no problem. Now that it is out of warranty, bet the problem is real easy to find. Just annoying now and hopefully it is only a noise....

- , North Olmsted, OH, USA

Dec 162008

Grand Caravan 3.2L

The car is under warranty but when I take the car back to the Dodge dealer they can't hear the problem and it sounds mad to expect them to drive 50 plus miles down the freeway to hear it. I've looked on the web and people have had similar problems and say it's a defective oil pump. How do I get the dealer to sort it out before the warranty finishes??

- , Houston, Texas, USA