2006 Dodge Grand Caravan engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

May 262014

Grand Caravan 3.8L

I was taking my kids out for the weekend and as I was driving down the street my van died in the middle of the intersection and I didn't know it died until I saw that I wasn't going anywhere when I pressed on the gas. I took it to a mechanic and he read off of his OBD tool that it was a PO135 sensor so we replaced it and he cleared the codes now when I'm driving down the street the Van stalls and jerks when I accelerated and it stalls back to back at stop signs or at red lights and also the RPM's goes to the 0 and as I am going sometimes it dies. I don't know why it keeps doing that--anyone else know what it could be???

- , Lubbock, Texas, USA

Mar 282012

Grand Caravan 3.8L

Engine nearly stalled, or actually stalled, repeatedly. Happened immediately after refueling. Refueling was halted by gas pump automatic sensor and I did not top off further. Very dangerous to lose steering and braking with no warning, no lights at all.

Update from Apr 6, 2012: Have used the vehicle several times since the stalling-after-refueling incidents with no further stalling problems. Not sure what the cause was but will be extra cautious to not overfill.

- , Belle River, ON, Canada

Dec 232011

Grand Caravan V6

I have brought my dodge minivan in to be repaired i was told that it was because i had gotten a bad batch of gas or i kept my gas to low..so to keep it above a quarter of a tank. They did a fuel injection cleaning. No codes pop up...no engine light comes on..just stalls! The day i got my van back i was heading home and my van shut off while driving no warning..no engine light..just shut off..thankfully my children were not in the car and i was able to coast it into a parking light...my fear..it has shut off four times within the past month..nobody can tell me whats wrong because no error codes come up. I am terrified to drive it what if someone is crossing the street and my car shuts off while i am driving and i cannot stop..i am terrified to drive my van..and nobody can tell what is wrong with it.

- , Scotia, NY, USA