2006 Dodge Grand Caravan engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

Mar 282012

Grand Caravan 3.8L

Engine nearly stalled, or actually stalled, repeatedly. Happened immediately after refueling. Refueling was halted by gas pump automatic sensor and I did not top off further. Very dangerous to lose steering and braking with no warning, no lights at all.

Update from Apr 6, 2012: Have used the vehicle several times since the stalling-after-refueling incidents with no further stalling problems. Not sure what the cause was but will be extra cautious to not overfill.

- , Belle River, ON, Canada

Dec 232011

Grand Caravan V6

I have brought my dodge minivan in to be repaired i was told that it was because i had gotten a bad batch of gas or i kept my gas to low..so to keep it above a quarter of a tank. They did a fuel injection cleaning. No codes pop up...no engine light comes on..just stalls! The day i got my van back i was heading home and my van shut off while driving no warning..no engine light..just shut off..thankfully my children were not in the car and i was able to coast it into a parking light...my fear..it has shut off four times within the past month..nobody can tell me whats wrong because no error codes come up. I am terrified to drive it what if someone is crossing the street and my car shuts off while i am driving and i cannot stop..i am terrified to drive my van..and nobody can tell what is wrong with it.

- , Scotia, NY, USA