2006 Dodge Grand Caravan miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

Oct 222015

Grand Caravan

Side sliding doors will not unlock manually or electrically. Extreme safety issue; have elderly parents and if accident occurred would not be able to get them out! have replaced the actuator 3 times in last 2 years on driver side. Passenger side has been replaced twice. Why is there not a recall on these?

- Knightdale, NC, USA

May 012015

Grand Caravan

My husband and I got this vehicle last year from a buy here pay here place. It is almost paid off but almost the entire time haveing van it keeps dieing while driveing. We keep asking the dealer why it is doing this and they have no idea what is wrong. It is not safe to be driveing this van. I have a 6,5,4,1 year old and my husband and self in van. We have almost been in a car accident at least 10 times because the van keeps dieing while driveing, put it in park whenever the vehicle stops rolling unable to steer out of the way because car powers off and stops running. Someone please help I don't want my family killed or injured because the van keeps dieing while driveing and no one knows why

- Willard, OH, USA

Jan 042010

Grand Caravan

For years my power locks have not worked on my 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan. Within the last year, not only do the locks not function, but the driver's side sliding door is locked, and I cannot unlock it. The cost to replace the door is equivalent to the the cost of a healthy down payment on a car, and the cost-prohibitive nature of the repair means that the door in question cannot be repaired. I would assert that the inability to open the doors on a passenger vehicle creates an danger to any would-be passengers. If there were an accident, then a perceived method of egress is rendered unavailable by these faulty parts.

- Lexington, KY, USA

Mar 102011

Grand Caravan

Car was parked. I had opened door manually. Thought it wasn't fully opened; hit power button on door jamb to open fully. Then leaned against door with left hand and bent over to remove ice tracks from shoes. Door closed instead of opening and before I could react it closed and locked on thumb and severed it completely just in front of knuckle. Sensors supposedly designed to prevent door closing on limbs did not work. Sensors are supposed to prevent this injury, or so I thought. Car has 3 buttons to activate doors: Overhead console; remote key & inside door jamb. If sensor does not work power door could activated from any one of these locations by someone not fully aware of activity around door to cause serious injury.

- Greenwich, NY, USA