7.0

2. added steering fluid that was low at 26k miles (1 reports)
  3. filter in reservoir clogged/ replace (1 reports)
2006 Dodge Grand Caravan steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

May 262011

Grand Caravan SXT 3.8L

I started getting a whining sound which sounded like power steering. I checked the fluids which were fine. I was told that grand caravans are known to have that whining sound. At first the noise wasn't so bad and it only made the noise after the van sat for a few hours and the engine was cold. After driving it the noise quieted. Now it's at the point where the whining is louder especially when turning the steering wheel. Sometimes there is some vibration when I turn the wheel. The whining noise continues the whole time I'm driving it now. It really sounds like power steering problem but it looks to be ok. If this is a problem that is in Grand Caravans maybe there should be a recall to fix the problem!.

- , Federal Way, WA, USA

Jun 032009

Grand Caravan SXT 3.2L

Dodge needs to do something about these problems not leave it to the consumer!!

- , Hendersonville, TN, USA

Jan 012009

Grand Caravan SE 3.3L

I've had a whining noise (especially while the engine is cold) for about 4 months. It is getting worse. Yesterday I took it to the mechanic. He said it was the Steering Pump and I approved the repair for $400+. This morning I research the problem and see that people that have that repair still have the noise afterwards. I dig some more and find that replacing the filter is what is needed, a much cheaper repair. This means replacing the reservoir. I hope this helps others get the proper repair before they blow the money that I did!

- , Fillmore, CA, Pacific Islands (US)

Mar 102008

Grand Caravan SE 3.3L

Dodge Grand Caravan sucks.

I liked the drive, drove it around Canada and the South as a rental vehicle and thought I should get this moderated priced vehicle. Wrong decision!

People I know think it is crap and tell me so.

The temp cutout on the radiator fan cocked out at 15K miles, dealer repaired it - dangerous situation on a highway.

At 25K miles, brakes grated, changed both brakes and rotors.

At 26K miles, had to add steering fluid, noise from front.

I know I will never make the mistake of buying a Dodge again.

- , Budd Lake, NJ, USA