7.3

1. replace rack and pinion (6 reports)
2006 Dodge Grand Caravan steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

May 272009

Grand Caravan Limited

The Car was just past the standard Warranty and even the dealer that fixed it mentioned that they had seen the problems before. That god I paid the extended warranty or all in all it would have run me a good $1000

- , Apo, AE, USA

Apr 292011

Grand Caravan SE 3.3L V6

Steering was very Loud. I was afraid that if i didn't fix the problem, the damage could be severe. The dealership didn't mention anything about warranty on this problem so, i was angry when i had to pay the 1200 bucks!.

- , Katy, TX, USA

Jan 312011

Grand Caravan SXT 3.8L

Van was using power steering fluid quite regularly. Mechanic diagnosed the problem, even showed me where it was leaking from. Inner tie rod needed replaced as well, luckily it is included with the new rack and pinion. I don't understand why this would fail. This is the first vehcile that I have owned where this has been an issue. Searching on internet reveals that many have had this problem. This may be my last Chrysler product I purchase.

- , North Canton, Ohio, USA

Feb 012010

Grand Caravan SXT

After a routine inspection of my 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan, I was told my inner tie rod was loose and should be replaced. When the tie rod was removed fluid started spilling out. It was then necessary to replace the rod and pinion.

- , Woodstock, IL, USA

Jan 062010

Grand Caravan SXT

Problem is that you hear a loud noise when turning the steerting wheel or backing up. The problem is that there is low steering fluid due to the leak. My mechanic, who I trust, told me that he has seen this problem in Grand Caravans alot. He thinks it is a manufacturer issue. Almost the whole steering system has to be replaced, in what, a car that's only 3 1/2 years old!!! That is ridiculous!!! I also filed a complaint with Chrysler.

- , Bowie, MD, USA

Apr 092008

Grand Caravan Special Edition 3.8L

Dealer will replace the rack and pinion when rack is available, as of august 21, 2009 part is on national backorder, so I am in the wait mode.

- , Chicago, Illinois, USA