2.5

2007 Dodge Grand Caravan electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2007 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jul 012010

Grand Caravan

Air bag light came on and will not go off. Per owners manual and other sources - this is a failure of the airbag sensor. Cause is leakage into the sensor from road salt and or water. Air bag is possibly in a non-working condition - thus leaving the potential for bodily harm if a crash should occur. Manufacturer is not offering a fix at this time, and actually denies any problems with said devices.

- Hartland, WI, USA

Oct 082010

Grand Caravan

The headlights intermittently shutoff or will not turn on while driving. I have replaced the bulbs, checked for a loose connections, and checked the fuses many times. This is okay during the day, however I live out in the country 15 minutes from the nearest town. I cannot drive at night without headlights or with the possibility that they will shutoff while driving. This is extremely dangerous. I have been lucky so far that nothing serious has happened but this is a problem that must be fixed! my wife and 7 month old child use this vehicle the most and I can't fathom the idea of them being injured due to this problem. Others have suggested a faulty headlight switch. I have not had the time to take the vehicle in to the dealership to have it inspected.

- Stockbridge, MI, USA

Sep 152010

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

On September 15, 2010 the rear passenger door to my 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan caught fire 1 foot from my 2 year old daughter who was strapped in a 5 point harness car seat. I picked my son up from school at approximately 5:45, with my daughter in tow. I operated the rear passenger door to put her back into her seat after signing out my son with no issue. I noticed nothing wrong with the door. I drove approximately 1 mile to my house. Halfway home I smelled something and when I pulled into the driveway, I saw smoke coming from an unknown source. I thought it was my air conditioning unit and by turning the car off I would solve the problem of the smoke. I tried to operate the automatic doors for my rear passenger doors but they didn't work. I was able to manually open my rear driver's side door but was not able to open the rear passenger door no matter how hard I pulled. I had no idea that door was on fire at that point. I noticed nothing wrong with the door other than it wouldn't open. I had to climb into the back through the other side to get my daughter. I went in to the house, still thinking that everything would stop smoking once the car cooled down and let my dog out in the back yard. I came back around to the front of the house after 5 minutes. I saw gray smoke billowing out of the rear drivers side door I had left open to air out the car. I walked around to the passenger's side and I saw the paint bubbling and melting and little flames licking the glass of the door. At that point I called the fire department and my neighbor took the hose to the car to put out the external fire. The fire department came in 5 minutes and put out the fire in the door. They gave me the burned piece and said they believed that the fire started in the motor for the automatic door. I called in a complaint to Chrysler/Dodge. My reference number is 19962230 with them. Updated 10/05/10 pictures received updated 10/07/10 updated 10/21/10

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Feb 132008

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

When slowing down after driving in overdrive and prior to engine reaching normal operating temperature all lights (head, tail, dash, dome, etc) dim to a nearly off brightness and come right back to normal brightness at the 3/2 down shift. This has occurred since the vehicle was new and the dealer advises that everything is working as designed. I don't think Chrysler designed the lights to flash off and on when slowing down. Also, at 7 months (15696 miles) the battery failed and had to be replaced.

- Freehold, NJ, USA