2008 Dodge Grand Caravan electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments (Page 15 of 38)

May 162015

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system); however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Miamisburg, OH, USA

Jul 312014

Grand Caravan

The first instance of my electrical system going haywire was around July 31, 2014. It was a quick moment that happened while I was coming to a stop. The wipers started going on their own, the horn honked, the windshield fluid started spraying, and my locks started going up and down. It stopped after about a minute then started again in the afternoon for about 5 minutes, until I unplugged the battery. It became an intermittent issue that I would think went away and then would happen randomly. I decided to bring my vehicle to the dealership service dept in October of 2014, where they diagnosed the issue as my needing a new win module. However, after that replacement, the issue continued. The issue happens whenever it feels like happening. Whether the keys are in the ignition and I am driving or if I am sitting in my office building, a distance away from my car, with my keys at my desk. My keys can be in the ignition, or out of the ignition. It doesn't matter. My car does as it pleases, when it pleases. Again, the locks, wipers, and windshield fluid just start going on their own. The horn also goes, but I have removed the horn fuses so I do not honk at random people when I am driving. Some forums say this is a tipm issue. Some say it is an ignition module issue. Some say it has to do with the driver's side door wiring. I have no idea what the reason is. I have spent thousands of dollars "fixing" this issue but it is still happening. Here is a link to a video of the most recent occurrence on 7/28/15.

- Springfield, MA, USA

Dec 032014

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system); however, the recall part was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aw are of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. MA 10/25/15

- Rouge, LA, USA

Jun 012015

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan. Consumer writes in regards to parts not available to complete wireless ignition node recall notice.

- Upper Marlboro, MD, USA

Dec 102014

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (electrical system) and stated that the part needed was not available within a reasonable timeframe to schedule the recall repair. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available for an extended period of time. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact was not experiencing a failure.

- Montgomery, IL, USA

Jun 202014

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system); however, the part needed to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Center' Ossipee, NH, USA

Jun 282014

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was unavailable. Updated 09/25/15

- Pleasantview, TN, USA

Sep 152013

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system); however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was not available.

- Grosse Ile, MI, USA

Jun 262014

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system); however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Brookesville, MO, USA

Jul 272015

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

I received safety recall L25/NHTSA 14V-373 earlier this year advising me of the problem with the ignition key but saying that I would be contacted again by mail with a follow-up notice when the remedy part is available. In June 2015, I received safety recall R03/NHTSA 14V-373 which replaced safety recall L25. On June 10, 2015 I contacted my Chrysler dealer to schedule the repair. They informed me that they had to order the part and when they received the part they would schedule a repair appointment. As of this date, July 27, 2015, I have called them back twice and all they can tell me is that the part is still on order and they do not know when they will receive it.

- Quincy, IL, USA

Jul 182015

Grand Caravan

Overheating when driving. Coolant leaking at heater hoses, shift over heat. Problems after recall repair service performed.

- West Sacramento, CA, USA

Apr 052013

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (electrical system) and stated that the part was not available within a reasonable timeframe to schedule the recall repair. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact was not experiencing a failure.

- Cottleville, MO, USA

Mar 172015

Grand Caravan

The first thing that happened was; we were driving down the road and the van just stopped running. Luckily we were only going 20 miles per hour and there wasn't a lot of traffic. The power steering wasn't working but my husband was able to steer the van off the road to safety. We called aaa and my husband went to the store to get dry gas because we thought that there may have been moisture in the tank from condensation. When he got back to the van he put in the dry gas and he decided to try to turn the van on and it turned over. We went home after that. After that the van seems to work for a while, then one day my husband came home from work and tried to shut the van off, but it would not shut off. The horn started blowing and the wipes, wiper fluid, lights and door locks were all working all by themselves. We unattached the wires to the battery but that did not work and finally started pulling fuses until it all stopped. He drove to work without the fuses until we could get it fixed. I called Chrysler and they said that there was a recall around May 2015. We brought the van into the dealer and they replaced the ignition module and gave us new key fobs. The van stalled again on the way home from work and we called aaa to get the van and take it back to the dealership. They said that they checked all the electric and ran a purge monitor test and others. The dealership said that they could not find anything the matter with the van and charged us $200. Just recently we were driving in traffic at around 20 miles per hour and the van stalled again. This time we did not have time to move it and a truck driver helped to push us out of traffic. My husband took the wires off the battery and put it back on and the van started. We went to the Toyota dealership and bought a car that day. We still own the van, but I am afraid to drive it.

- Newmarket, NH, USA

Jan 142014

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact stated that while driving approximately 35 mph, the gauges on the instrument panel failed to operate and the engine stalled. The failure recurred multiple times. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system) however, the parts needed were not available to perform the repairs. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall remedy. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 45,000.

- West Palm Beach, FL, USA

Feb 152012

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan. While driving, the vehicle lost electrical function without warning. The contact maneuvered to the emergency lane and shut off the vehicle. The contact was able to restart the engine, but the failure persisted. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, who diagnosed that the ignition failed. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system); however, the part needed for the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 60,000.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Aug 112014

Grand Caravan

Week after week I wait to have the recall work done on my vehicle, and the local dealership repeatedly explains that the replacement parts are unavailable from the maker. Chrysler corporate offices confirmed that the parts are unavailable and that there is a long list of people waiting for their parts. With this extremely unsafe condition of the ignition switch cutting off and the steering wheel locking and lack of power breaks, it is hard to believe that Chrysler has spent nearly a year since the initial complaint and still cannot correct the issue. The recall is out, but it is impossible to get the problem fixed because they are not supplying parts to their dealerships.

- Clarksville, TN, USA

May 052015

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system); however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Union, MO, USA

May 272015

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (electrical system); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure related to the recall.

- Lisle, IL, USA

Mar 232015

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 11/06/15 U[dated 11/18/15.

- Scottsburg, NY, USA

Jul 042015

Grand Caravan

We started smelling an odd smell coming from the A/C vents on 7/4/15. After a few days the smell went away and we thought nothing of it. 7/8/15 multiple lights show up after starting the van..ABS, brakes, traction control, etc. Two days later these lights went away. 7/18/15 we got into the van and A/C in the back was blowing, but the front wasn't blowing at all. Turned it on while driving and it worked again. The next day when I went to work the blower was not blowing anymore, but worked on the way home. After that second day it has consistently worked. This morning when I hit the unlock button on the keyfob the horn started honking, windshield wipers went on, and wiper fluid was squirting out. I got into the van and started it and everything stopped. I drove the 20 minute drive home from work without any problems. Later that day I got back into the van to drive and everything was still normal except I had a check engine light so I planned on getting that checked while I was out. I was parked at a residence with the van still on when the same horn/wiper/wiper fluid problem started up again. I turned off the van and it kept going. I pulled fuses out for the horn/wipers/fluid and could still hear things in the box clicking. This time the door locks were locking by themselves and the lights (both inside and out) were turning off and on. I drove to the closes auto parts store and was told there were 2 codes coming up. It gave me P0685 (asd relay circuit failure) and P0883 (tcm power input high). After doing some online research it seems I have to have my tipm replaced and this seems to be a common problem. I'm frustrated at the amount of money I keep having to put into this van. Right now my van is sitting in front of my house with the battery disconnected until I can take it in to have it looked at. I'm really lucky this didn't happen on my drive to/from work.

- Harrisonville, MO, USA