2008 Dodge Grand Caravan electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments (Page 1 of 9)

Sep 152014

Grand Caravan

The vehicle, while driving, began to honk the horn, windshield wipers turned on, wiper fluid began spraying, lights flashed. This continued for approximately five straight minutes. Turning the car off did not stop the actions, neither did restarting the car. Eventually the malfunction stopped on it's own. I brought the vehicle for diagnostic testing through Dodge service and was told total integrated power module needed replacing but could not be ordered. They stated car was safe to drive. This continued to happen sporadically. At one point, the vehicle malfunctioned and in additional to previously listed problems, the vehicle lost all power steering and power brakes when it occurred while driving on the highway. When we were finally able to order the part, two months later, it was replaced. After three weeks with the new tipm, the vehicle once again, started to malfunction by horns honking, wipers turning off, fluid spraying, lights flashing and so on. I am told by Dodge that I will need to pay for another $100 diagnostic test to see what the problem is. They continue to state that the car is safe to drive despite intermittent and unexpected loss of power steering and brakes.

- Merrimack, NH, USA

Dec 122014

Grand Caravan

TL-the contact owns a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign id number: 14V373000 (electrical system) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Djr

- Canton, OH, USA

Dec 112014

Grand Caravan

TL-the contact owns a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (electrical system). However, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Pam

- Lancaster, KY, USA

Sep 032014

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

2008 Grand Caravan consumer is seeking reimbursement from Chrysler for out of pocket expenses for replacement of win module. The consumer stated the vehicle would not start at times. The consumer received a recall letter the next day. However, Chrysler denied the consumers request for reimbursement stating the part that was replaced was more than what the recall entailed.

- Hillsdale, MI, USA

Nov 162014

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan.the contact received NHTSA campaign number:14V373000 (electrical system). The contact stated that the part needed to remedy the vehicle was unavailable. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Springfield , OH, USA

Jun 182014

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact stated that NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (electrical system) had exceeded a reasonable amount of time for repair. The dealer stated the part was unavailable for repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the delay. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact had not experienced the failure. However, the vehicle experience intermittent difficulty returning the key to an idle position. The failure mileage was 2,000. The VIN was not available.

- Roseville , CA, USA

Nov 192014

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact received a notice for NHTSA campaign id number: 14V373000 (electrical system) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experience a failure.

- Commerce City, CO, USA

Aug 292014

Grand Caravan

My vehicle stops running while driving down the road.......this happened occasionally but is happening more frequently. This morning it happened while driving around a curve and I nearly wrecked.

- Winchester, OH, USA

Oct 062014

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact stated that the key failed to turn over into the on position in order to start the vehicle on several occasions. The contact received a notification for recall NHTSA campaign id number: 11V139000 (electrical system) and stated that the part was not available for months. The dealer did not provide a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer was contacted and could not provide an estimated date for when the vehicle would receive the recall repair. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Cape Coral, FL, USA

Sep 152014

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact stated that NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (electrical system) exceeded a reasonable amount of time for repair. The dealer stated that the parts were not available. The manufacturer was not made aware of the delay. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact had not experienced the failure.

- Wallingford , CT, USA

Sep 062014

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact stated that NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (electrical system) exceeded a reasonable amount of time for repair. The dealer stated that the parts were not available. While driving 20 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning and did not restart. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and delay. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 92,000.

- Aurora , CO, USA

Aug 042014

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact indicated that the key became stuck in the ignition switch. The failure recurred multiple times. The dealer was contacted more than once. The part needed to remedy the failure was not available. The vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (electrical system). The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 50,000.

- Blue Hill, NE, USA

Aug 052014

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (electrical system); however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Charlotte Court House, VA, USA

Aug 182013

Grand Caravan

Several times since approximately August of 2013 the vehicle power has cut off while driving causing loss of power steering. I had the ignition replaced once at my own cost but it did not fix the issue. It has happened several times since then with the latest being in October of 2014. I am aware of the recall but what is the point if there is no fix? the fact that we are still waiting on a fix is unacceptable. This is a safety issue not an inconvenience issue. I have three young children and it is unacceptable that I have to drive them around in an unsafe vehicle because Dodge doesn't yet have a fix.

- Locke, NY, USA

Oct 072014

Grand Caravan

While driving on the highway the van stalled the horn started blaring, the windshield wipers started working and squirting water. I managed to get the vehicle off the road, but the doors begin to lock and unlock and the key was useless. You could not shut the horn off or unlock the door with the key. The only eay thus stopped was by didisconnecting the battery. This was the first instance. The second occasion was when we're sitting in the house and the horn just started blaring. Each time this lasts for more than 5 minutes, you can't stop it because it locks the doors, the key doesn't work, and you can't get to the battery. It's disturbing, dangerous, and embarrassing. Not to mention we are retired and this is our only vehicle and we didn't expect to have such an unsafe vehicle with a minivan. These instances have occurred on and off for the last month. We shouldn't have to disconnect our car battery to escape the faulty malfunctions. As owners we shouldn't be afraid to go into church because of the car horn and I shouldnt have to disconnect the battery just to enjoy the service.

- Selma, AL, USA

Oct 302014

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (electrical system) and stated that the part was not available. The dealer was unable to provide a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer was contacted and could not provide an estimated date for when the vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact did not experience a failure.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Oct 012014

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (electrical system) and stated that the part was not available. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer was notified of the delay. The contact did not experience a failure.

- Lockport, IL, USA

Mar 032014

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact stated that while driving at 30 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was able to restart but there was a loss of power steering and brakes. The contact also stated that when starting the vehicle, there was an abnormal noise. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, who diagnosed that the terminal battery needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired twice but the failure persisted. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 80,000.

- Pomona, CA, USA

Oct 102014

Grand Caravan

My ignition has a recall on it since June and I've never gotten a recall letter from Dodge and when my ignition started giving me problems 2 months ago they told me there was no recall.two weeks ago I was strained at the gas pump because my ignition is out.I had to get my van towed.now I'm fighting with Dodge in detroit and the dealer here in lafayette.la. To fix it.they are claiming they don't have any parts to fix it but they told us if we pay to fix it they can fix it.I'm on foot.I have cancer and I have appts. With cancer doctors and I can't got.I have a Chevy aveo with a recall for my running lights and I'm having the same problem.they claim they don't have parts.they can't even tell us when they will fix them.my Dodge has been recalled in July and my car in June..no parts yet so when.

- Lafayette, LA, USA

Oct 122014

Grand Caravan

The vehicle refused to start. There was no electrics and the engine would not turn over. No lights on the dash. The vehicle was diagnised with a tipm failure, for which Dodge are quoting 10 weeks for a replacement and refusing to provide any support or hire car for what is a known systemic fault with Dodge / Chrysler vehicles. They are basically absolving all responsibility from producing a part which is not fit for purpose.

- San Ramon, CA, USA