2008 Dodge Grand Caravan engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Dec 312008

Grand Caravan

While at a stoplight in small city traffic in connellsville, pa, on 31dec2008, I decided to see how my enterprise rental vehicle, a 2008 Dodge grandcaravan, would accelerate. Pulling away from the light, I floored the pedal and got up to about 45 mph, then let up. No reduction in acceleration occurred. I took my foot from the pedal and the engine continued to race. I was still gathering speed, so I pushed the brake pedal with lots of gusto. The vehicle's brakes then worked against the engine for perhaps a quarter mile. The vehicle speed was reduced to about 20 mph, but when I did a test lift off the brake pedal, the vehicle once again started to accelerate. Back on the brake, I swerved into a large, empty parking lot. I tried neutral and the engine then took off wildly, so I switched off the ignition. Pausing a few seconds, I restarted the vehicle and found everything back to normal, except that the esp warning light that had come on with my intense braking was still on. I drove a few minutes and the light went off. I then returned the vehicle to the enterprise Agency, where I shared my experience with the manager.

- Cranberry Lake, NY, USA

Aug 072008

Grand Caravan

Driving on I96 near coopersville Michigan, with my cruise control on. A slower vehicle was ahead of me so I had to brake to stop the cruise function. It did not dis-engage. I had to pull out in front of a faster vehicle to my left, in the fast lane and accelerate. At that point it fully accelerated. Could not stop vehicle from accelerating. Heavily applying the brake did not dis-engage the cruise control or stop the throttle from being fully engaged. Pulled vehicle to shoulder, 7,000 RPM. Turn off key to shut off. Police in coopersville witnessed the incident. Dealer currently has vehicle in Ontario waiting for parts to correct problem.

- Burlington, Ontario, 00, USA