1.8

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

Oct 082016

Grand Caravan

After parking my car, after about 5 minutes, the horn started blowing, the wipers, front and rear started running and the washers started spraying. The door locks started locking and unlocking on their own. The car, when started had no dash lights, or gauge function. The drivers electric seat started adjusting itself. Radio came on and off on its own. Car acted like it was possessed. I had to unhook the battery to make everything stop. Please note, the car was parked in my driveway when all of this occurred.

- Kirkwood, NY, USA

Mar 262016

Grand Caravan

Van has been stalling out since I have owned it. I purchased new in 2008. It is at second dealer performing recall for the ignition for the second time. I have been with out a vehicle since 3/26/2016. First dealer dutch miller Dodge kept van from 3/26/16 until 5/6/16. Released vehicle back to me with same problem it went in for. I have filed a complaint with Dodge. After having to schedule a appointment with a different dealer and wait for a service date of 6/20/16. The vehicle is at the new dealership I 77 ripley. They are redoing the recall from a year ago that dutch miller had performed. This is the fourth week they have been working on the vehicle and recall problem. I have requested many times for a rental car and both the lifetime warranty I purchased with the van and Dodge have both refused to provide me a vehicle. I have been since March 26, 2016. Without a vehicle and I have had to borrow cars from family and beg for rides because Dodge can not or will not fix my recall on my van.I have been very patient with this situation but something needs to be done. If this vehicle I paid $41,000 for in 2008 is not repairable and not safe to be on public roads due to recall then I feel they need to reimburse me and compensate for my transportation problems..

- Charleston, WV, USA

Jan 012016

Grand Caravan

Gasoline overflow when filling up. Lots of people with Dodge durangos and mini vans have this problem. It seems dangerous that when filling up for gas, it overfills and shoots out gasoline. Very common - too bad no recalls for all of the vehicles not just a few model years or makes, which have this recall. Affects more than just a few years/makes.

- Chapel Hill, NC, USA

Feb 112016

Grand Caravan

All the electronics in my car started going crazy. My windshield wipers (both fwd and aft) started, while the washer fluid was being dispensed, the car horn was blaring, and the electronic door locks were very rapidly being cycled. While driving on the highway the car stalled. Luckily, I was able to pull over to the side of the road without being hit or causing an accident. The Dodge dealership diagnosed it as a bad totally intergrated power module (tipm) and replaced it. Apparently, it distributes electrical power to all the systems in the vehicle. So, when the car stalled it was due to power being cut off to the fuel pump. I could have easily been killed, due to the sudden loss of engine power or another electrical component such as the air bag, brake, or traction system could have been affected.

- Cherry Hill, NJ, USA

Oct 082015

Grand Caravan

The front and back wipers came on. The back wiper fluid was squirting. The horn came on and stayed on. The interior and exterior lights turned on and the accelerator stopped working. This occurred twice on the day listed. The second time, I disconnected the battery and the problem would not stop. Also, with both terminals of the battery disconnected, I was able to start the car up.

Oct 042015

Sep 212015

Grand Caravan

The front and back wipers came on. The back wiper fluid was squirting. The horn came on and stayed on. The interior and exterior lights turned on and the accelerator stopped working. I disconnected the battery and everything stopped. It happened twice on this day.

Sep 202015

Grand Caravan

The front and back wipers came on. The back wiper fluids was squirting. The horn came on and stayed on. The interior and exterior lights turned on and the accelerator stopped working.

Dec 152014

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

Slowly driving through mcdonalds parking lot and van accelerated for a second. Pulled out into the street and did it again, this is the first time this has happened. Several times van would not start but electrical works. Wipers not turning off twice. Door locks won't lock or unlock. Worried that this small acceleration is another sign something is bad. Googled, reading tipm is faulty. This is our family van and only vehicle, we have a daughter with down syndrome and medical issues and now I'm scared to drive.

- Spokane, WA, USA

Jun 022014

Grand Caravan

The van dies while turning at slow speeds, typically in traffic. Van will easily restart after putting in park/neutral and cranking. Has happened 3 times in the past few months.

- Edmond, OK, USA

Oct 132012

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact stated that while driving approximately 15 mph and exit the highway from an off ramp, the entire fuel line fractured. The fuel tank then detached from the vehicle as the rear passenger side tire exploded. The vehicle was maneuvered to a safe location where the tire was replaced with a spare tire. The vehicle was then driven to the contact's residence. The vehicle had not been diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 110,000.

- Georgetown, SC, USA