2008 Dodge Grand Caravan miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jul 022015

Grand Caravan

In regards to recall R03-Chrysler has known about this recall for at least 1 year, we finally receive the official recall notice in May 2015 to get this issue, which is a huge safety issue fixed. I contact atlantic Chrysler jeef in pleasantville NJ and they advise me they can not make an appointment they are keeping a list and when parts come in they schedule the appointment for the repair. The dealer currrely has 215 people on this "list" and have only been able to fix 9 vehicles out of the 215. I asked them if they provide loaner vehicles until the part comes in, they told me no. I contacted fca group recall assistance center and they advised me that Chrysler is extremely behind on making the parts and shipping them to the dealers. I requested that chryler gives me a loaner since I dont have another vehicle to drive until this safety issue is corrected, beings I Transport my children in this vehicle, they advised me they can not do that. She than contacted atlantic chrylser in pleasantvlle NJ to confirm they are behind and she had them add me to the 'list"!!! this is a real safety concern and Chrysler has had over a year to make and ship the replacement parts, this waiting and not providing us with loaners is just not safe and not fair to all vehicle owners.

- Hammonton , NJ, USA

Jun 082015

Grand Caravan

My vehicle engine light has been on for over one year and a half. Tried fixes over and over and it still comes up again stating "misfiring, coil" etc....... it started affecting the fobiks to my vehical over a year ago and I have been replacing my fobiks or just using them manually since then. I received my vehicle recall and tried to schedule my recall today. The dealship states: They have already scheduled all the parts they currently have for customers which is 9. they also stated that I would have to keep calling in to scheudle an appointment randomly because they will not get a part in for my vehicle until one has been used that would fit my vehicle. But they don't know when and or which part is appropriate for my vehicle so they can't tell me when to call and make an appt. The dealer stated they don't know any other way to assist right now. I will have to continue to call in weekly randomly not know if the part I need is avaible or has already again been scheduled for another customer and the cycle for each part is 14 days. If they only have 9 parts of which they don't know if it is for my vehicle or not how will I know when to call in or if someone beats me to my part or when I will be able to get my vehicle fixed? what a process. And right when it is time to travel in my vehicle. Not good at all! need help resolving this issue

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

May 272015

Grand Caravan

On the evening of May 27, 2015, I was unable to start my van. The engine did not turn over at all. The van doesn't use a "regular" key but a win module. I was going to have it towed the next day but the van started for my brother. He jiggled the clutch and explained the vehicle wasn't in gear. The van worked fine the next day on Friday, May 29, 2015, until the evening. The engine again wouldn't turn over. I located a shop Monday morning, June 1, 2015, that worked on win module systems and it was towed to the shop. Unfortunately, due to vacations and illness, the shop was unable to look at my vehicle until Monday, June 8, 2015. I was informed by the mechanic that the van's win module was faulty. During the interim, on June 4, 2015, I received a recall notice for my van regarding the win module. It was notice R03. Since the recall, the win module isn't available. There isn't even enough to meet the needs of the dealerships (the two local dealerships have been given 20 yet, they have over 300 customers needing the replacement. This is outrageous. It will take months to correct this serious defect. I contacted Chrysler and spoke to "joshua". Chrysler has offered no assistance to me. I am without a vehicle. I have been advised that Chrysler will not provide a car for my use until my vehicle can be fixed nor pay for a rental. That is wrong. In addition, my van, which is inoperable because of their defective part, will have to be towed to a dealership at my expense. That will be several hundred dollars. Why" I was not allowed to speak to a supervisor, even though, "joshua" kept saying there was nothing he could do to help me. Why do I have to bear these additional expenses when this situation is completely and totally Chrysler's fault? why wasn't Chrysler required to increase the replacement win modules" this involves people's lives.

- Granite City, IL, USA

Jan 152015

Grand Caravan

Vehicle stalled on short trip through neighborhood driving at local speed. We took the vehicle to a repair shop for inspection/repair and nothing was found. We have since experienced multiple stalls during low-speed driving scenarios and had the vehicle looked at again with no findings (throttle-body was cleaned). We have most recently experienced a complete non start of the vehicle (no turnover, no dash lights, etc.), tried to start multiple times and nothing, waited a half-hour and it started. Similar non starts have happened (estimate 1 to 3 times a year) since we purchased the vehicle in 2008 but it has always started within a short period of time, we've shrugged it off due to infrequency and lack of gravity of the situations (e.g. sitting in garage).

- Eldersburg, MD, USA

Aug 162008

Grand Caravan

We bought this van new in April of 2008 and in August 2008 and with 16,000 miles I had to replace the brake rotors pads and one caliper. Then two months later I had to replace the rear brakes which included the rotors, pads, and calipers. In late 2009 I have to replace both front and back brake systems do to failure. Now it is September of 2014 and after replacing the brakes on both front and back axles 5 times there needing to be replaced again. I have taken the van to our local Dodge dealer and was told it's just hard driving. I had to replace the rear evaporator at 89,000 along with rubber heater lines that you can only buy as a set at over $120. Now the right rear door can only be opened from the inside and the door locks only work sometimes. Went out 09-17-14 to move the van to my garage to work on it and all of the lights went out and the horn went off along with the wipers and wiper fluid pump. How long before someone is killed before they fix these issues. This is my last Chrysler product after owning 5 good ones. This is do to there inability or negligence in fixing these problems.

- Trivoli, IL, USA