2008 Dodge Grand Caravan steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Mar 312008

Grand Caravan

I purchased this vehicle on March 31, 2008 and have had it for 2 years. We were headed out of town on vacation and had to stop at 2 different dealerships a long the way for them to try to correct the pulling. Neither one could correct the problem. In the 2 year time it has been back in forth to the dealership service dept several times for it pulling to the right and eating the front edge of every tire that has been put on the front. Tires have been rotated regularly and crossed and still has the outside tire wear from the pull. Cam bolts have been installed by the dealer to help correct the alignment with no results. It still pulls. I have filed a lemon law complaint with Chrysler who has performed the final repair attempt and it still pulls. I have took it to 2 local tire alignment shops here and both have said the alignment can't be fixed. Chrysler's position is that the vehicle drives as designed and no further action will transpire. I don't understand how a vehicle can be designed to immediately pull off the road to the right if you let go of the steering wheel. It is not a drift to the right. A drift doesn't eat tires from what I understand. My hand actually falls asleep while trying to drive the van for long distances because you have to fight to keep the van on the road. We have driven 2 other Chrysler vans for comparison purposes and they pull to the right as well but not to the extent of my van. I am still in the lemon law process and don't know if I will get anywhere with Chrysler but someone needs to check the steering and alignment of this make and model. You should not have to fight the vehicle in order to keep it on the road. This issue has made me despise this van and it was perfect for a family with 3 kids. Bad safety hazard and Chrysler should be made to correct the issue and not just play god with the final statement of "this vehicle performs as designed".

- Doerun, GA, USA

Apr 062010

Grand Caravan

While driving, with no warning, vehicle stalls (engine dies) steering column locks and brakes are hard, their is no control over the vehicle and can't get off the road. I almost got into a serious accident, I was approaching a major interstate hwy when my vehicle stalled. The dealer mech can't find any problems, nothing records on the memory or flight recorders. This has happened to the mech while on a test drive, they say they checked all the computer wires and want to give the vehicle back and states it is safe.

- Franklin, NJ, USA

Apr 112010

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact stated that the brake pads and rotors had to be replaced at 20,000 miles. The vehicle also had a hard vibration in the steering wheel and brake pedal. The road conditions or speed of the vehicle had no affect on the failure. The failure and current mileage S were approximately 20,000.

- Denver , CO, USA