3.0

2009 Dodge Grand Caravan body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2009 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

Aug 102012

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

We were walking up to our vehicle and used the keychain remote to open the rear liftgate. It went all the way open and my wife walked underneath it to put some things in the car. After it went all the way open, it stayed there for a couple of seconds and then all of a sudden came down hard and slammed my wife in the head. She sustained a sore neck and a headache that has since gotten worse. I tried operating the liftgate again while we were clear and it did the same thing. It went all the way open, paused for 2 seconds, and then slammed down hard about a foot before it went back closed in a normal fashion. It has since been repaired by the dealer. They had to replace the 2 hydraulic cylinders for the rear liftgate. However, my wife is still experiencing neck pain.

- Pacific, MO, USA