2009 Dodge Grand Caravan fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2009 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

Jun 142015

Grand Caravan

Was parking under a tree about 6-8 feet from tree when still having foot on brake the car accelerated and slammed into the tree. Air bags did not deplore.

- Wiamauma, FL, USA

Feb 172015

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

Was driving when vehicle died, fuel gauge informed me that tank was 1/2 full and lost all power was left stranded do too no gas.

- Dawsonville, GA, USA

Feb 282015

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

While driving at speed of 40 on straight road engine suddenly stalls out causing steering to fail creating need for sudden stop before total loss of control. Happens with warning. This is the 3rd time in 3 months this has happened. Called Dodge dealer and Chrysler corporate and they say there is a recall that is similar for the ignition switch, but no part available and no estimate when. They advise using fob without keys attached. This last occurrence occurred with no keys attached, only the fob in the ignition, so their work around does not work. Note the only way we even know it has stalled it the sudden loss of steering, until we can get it stopped and realize the engine is not running. There is no other warning its about to happen. Time between the three occurrences were early Dec 2014 for first occurrence, 1 week later for second occurrence, 2.5 months later for 3rd occurrence. A fix is needed immediately for this and it seems this "recall without a fix" is just sitting there indefinitely.

- New Market, MD, USA

Jun 092014

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

When the vehicle is cold, and after I start driving, if I do no have my foot on the accelerator, the engine will just die. When it does, there are no warning lights go on and the steering becomes completely unresponsive. I must quickly put the car in neutral and start it again. It can happen multiple times before the engine warms up. It can just happen going down the road. I have had it to the dealer and another auto repair place and neither can figure out what is wrong. This happens quit often.

- Solsberry, IN, USA

Jun 192014

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

While I was driving a car slowly in the parking lot of the grocery store, it stopped running, shutting it off completely. Had to restart it, but it didn't turn on the timely manner. Pushing the accelerator down a few times, and turned it on again. www.justanswer.com/Dodge/4jw86-Dodge-Caravan-SXT-new-2010-Dodge-Caravan-SXT-vehicle-will.html : I found the identical case from the website, it must be recalled to fix this issue. Otherwise, it is a life-threatening situation.

- Carrollton, TX, USA

Feb 012012

Grand Caravan

Vehicle while both driving on road and in park stalls. It givens no notice or warning that this is going to happen. At least 10 times I have noticed that the ignition switch has "moved" from the "run" position to "accessory, " by itself. I have taken it to 3 different dealers but each has said they couldn't find an issue no codes have been coming up in the computer. I even had it stall in the dealer when I picked it up yet they have not done anything to fix the problem. When it stalls the steering wheel is extremely hard to move. I have 3 small children in the car when it stalls on main roads it is very frightening and dangerous trying to control the car, put it into neutral or park and get it to start or try to get to a safe place to restart it! I have contacted Chrysler-Dodge customer service, service managers etc all to no avail. I asked the dealer service managers if there was any recall and they told me there wasn't any....I see on NHTSA website there is one but it is for 2010 and up but the 2009 vehicles also have the same stall problem! report receipt date: Mar 01, 2011 NHTSA campaign number: 11V139000 component(s): Electrical system

- Sterling Heights, MI, USA