2009 Dodge Grand Caravan fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2009 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

Jan 182011

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

I recently experienced an uncontrolled acceleration of my 2009 Dodge Grand Caravan. I passed a truck that was traveling at about 35 mph. When I attempted to resume an appropriate speed by releasing the accelerator I realized that the vehicle was continuing to accelerate. I applied the brake to little effect and eventually regained control of the vehicle by shutting the ignition off. When I brought the vehicle to a Dodge dealer I was told that this was common and all it required was routine maintance. Dodge did not see this as a safety issue and charged me for the service despite the fact that the vehicle was still under warranty.

- Anoka, MN, USA