2.2

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Aug 252014

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact stated the head lights malfunctioned. As a result, neither the high nor the low beam head lights would turn on. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for a diagnostic testing. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 123,000.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Jul 012014

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

I was driving home from work at 10pm on the freeway and my headlights went off then they flashed 3 times tried using my brights and all my lights shut off.the only lights that got me home safe was my park lights.I changed my bulbs still not the problem.

- Cleveland, OH, USA

Jul 072014

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact stated that while driving approximate 20 mph, the headlights failed without warning. The contact stated that the headlights only illuminated if the vehicle was restarted. However, the failure recurred on multiple occasions. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 40,000.

- Englewood , FL, USA

Dec 012011

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact stated that the turn signals and windshield wipers would suddenly fail. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who was unable to diagnose the defect. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 42,000.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Nov 202012

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

Intermittently the headlights go out and will not come right back on. Had vehicle in shop to diagnose problem and headlights worked and was unable to reproduce problem. Vehicle has been back in shop on several more occasions with operator complaint of no headlights. Becomes issue at night when headlights are needed and while driving they go out.

- Newburgh, NY, USA

Dec 062012

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

When driving on the freeway at night the headlights suddenly shut off they would not come back on, neither the headlights or the high beams would work, I put the hazard lights on and got off the road, after that the headlights blinked when turned on and then would not come on at all, after that they came on and then shut back off again while driving on city streets, the headlights turn off while driving or do not turn on at all.

- San Jose , CA, USA

Jun 022012

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

Rear passenger wheel gets extremely hot while driving. It appears that the caliper may be locking up. The rear wheel on the driver side also makes a high pitched whine, which is intermittent and usually goes away by tapping the brake pedal. We took it to the dealer and they said we needed a rear brake job. However, I believe this is due to defective calipers which are not releasing the pads from the rotors. The rear brakes on every car I have owned always last significantly longer than the front. The fact that the rear pads are worn excessively while front are not indicates a defect in the rear brake assembly. The ignition was repaired as part of a recall. However, after starting the car, the key does not return to the "on" position. This allows the car to run and be driven, however none of my lights or directionals work. I can wiggle the key to get it into the correct position, but sometimes it is not obvious that the key is in the wrong position. This results in me driving without headlights in the rain and thinking that I am signaling properly in turns when in fact everything is off.

- Webster, NY, USA

Nov 012009

Grand Caravan

I bought a 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT. The company will not turn on the daytime running lights. They always turned them on when I bought previous year vans. It has been proven to be a worthwhile safety item. My insurance company would give me a 10% reduction for this item. The option is available and turned on for vehicles sold in Canada. I feel this is a serious fault that will result in more crashes for this vehicle.

- Newark, NY, USA