3.0

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jul 012015

Grand Caravan

This vehicle was part of recall R03/NHTSA 14V-373, in which the vehicle stalls while driving. We took it to koons tysons Dodge in Virginia to have the recall worked performed. After completion of the work our vehicle still stalls while driving. We took it back to koons and they did nothing to fix it, as well as horrible customer service.

- Centreville , VA, USA

Jun 072015

Grand Caravan

I was pulling up to an intersection, about to make a left turn when the vehicle shut off and I wasn't able to steer the vehicle. I put it in park, turned the vehicle off and then restarted it and it was fine. It never did that again, then a little over a month later while I was driving it out of state all the warning lights kept coming on and off. When I took it to the dealership they replaced the ignitions switch which was a recalled part that we were waiting to come in. They said they didn't see any of the issues I was experiencing when they test drove the van. As I was leaving the dealership all the warning lights started flashing and the windshield wipers wouldn't work. I returned the van to the dealership and now they stated the problem is the tipm.

- Richlands, NC, USA

Nov 092009

Grand Caravan

While driving my van the ignition shut off. This has happened multple time November 17, 2009, December 24, 2009, November 19, 2010, they put a data recorder in each time.September 20, 2012 anoather data recorder was installed in my van. April 9, 2012 they installed another data recorder in my van. I have multiple claims with Dodge/Chrysler. Browning Dodge in corona, ca corrected the problem each time stating it was the wind module.they said the problem was caused by the adfter market alarm system that was installed in my vehicle by the dealer. They removed the alarm, and reimbursed my for it as we were unaware that the alarm was and after market alarm. On August 22, 2013 dch Dodge in temecula, ca finally found the problem they removed the alarm system and said that not all of the wires were connected. On April 22, 2014 my transmission started leaking they added dye to find the leak replaced right and left axle seals.oil pan gasket was also replaced. On December 13, 2013 the pressure line was leaking, dch Chrysler repaced the pressure line. I have case numbers from Dodge/Chrysler to back up all of these problems I have had.

- Lake Elsinore, CA, USA

Aug 282014

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

The ignition key was displaced from the run to the accessory position while driving, causing the engine to shut off. I called Dodge and they stated this car was already recalled for this problem in 2011 and according to them was fixed at that time. I bought the car in 2012 used and this problem reappeared.

- Scarsdale, NY, USA

Aug 182010

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

Shortly after purchasing a brand new 2010 doge Caravan we noticed there was a significant amount of air leakage through the two side sliding door (non-automatic) and they rattled significantly when driving.  we brought it to the dealer who acknowledge the issue and replaced the latches free of charge under our warranty.  cosmetic issues with the repair job aside, the new latches were not any better and we continue to experience the same problems even after 3+ visits back to the dealer.  the loose fitting doors create problems especially in winter.  both doors freeze shut (this happens weekly) and will not budge even after running the van for in excess of an hour with the heat on full.  the final solution of the dealership was to smear what looked to be large amounts of vaseline on rubber gaskets, bushings, and latches of the sliding doors, which made quite a mess when my kids got into the van. I am uncertain as to the root problem with the latches and door seals. I only know that it presents a serious safety issue not being able to get my kids in and out of the van in the winter time. I am also concerned by the rattling and whistling wind through the sliding doors as we drive down the road. I am concerned the latches may wear to the point of malfunction.

- Littleton, NH, USA

Nov 132010

Grand Caravan

1st occurrence: While driving, the engine shut off, 11/13/10. Had vehicle towed to dealer. They replaced PCM "program control module". 2nd occurrence: 3/5/11. Engine shut off while driving. Could not control car, hit a snow bank and cracked front bumper. Had vehicle towed to dealer. They said no codes were issued by the computer. Contacted Chrysler and was assigned a case manager. Vehicle still at Dodge dealer as of 3/14/11. No solution. We are afraid to use the car let alone on the highway. Several U.S. reports of same problem on internet. Posted problem on autobeef.

- Monroe, CT, USA

Oct 262010

Grand Caravan

Driver arm rest does not support weight and will fall down causing driver to briefly lose control of car. We took the car to the dealership today and was told this is a design flaw and there is nothing they can do to correct this problem. So I have a 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan SE that has all kinds of problems like only getting 19 miles to a gallon when advertised as 25 and now the arm rest basically collapses any time weight is put on it on the driver's seat. All the other arm rests are supportive except the one you need most. The service department told me other customers have voiced the same complaint and he could take me to the new vans on the lot and show me the same problem with cars never driven so I know this is a defective arm rest just by what he has told me.

- Haines City , FL, USA