2011 Dodge Grand Caravan body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

Grand Caravan

1). noticed that the area around the rear left side of the vehicle (interior) gets hot. It is not the speaker as the speaker is working properly and the area gets hot even when not using the radio. My concern is that is the side where the gas pump is and hoping this doesn't cause a fire or explosion. Our 22 month old baby sits on that side of the van. 2) noticed that there are scratches above the rear wheel hub on both sides of the van, from both sliding doors. 3) there is a hard shutter from the automatic transmission going from 1st to 2nd gear, whenever the speed hits 10mph. The shutter causes the vehicle to have a clunking motion. 4) whenever I start the vehicle, the rpms will shoot up and down after 2 minutes, before getting to normal idle.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Feb 012013

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

The van was parked and I had the passenger rear side door open. I used the push button feature to close the door and realized I had forgot something on the floor. I reached in and grabbed it and the door hit my arm and instead of stopping and opening again it continued to close and my arm was caught in the door. The door didn't stop closing until I reached out with my left hand and grabbed the handle and pulled it off of my arm. My arm was bruised and has been sore since it happened. This is not the first time the door hasn't responded and re-opened when something was in the way. This is the first time anyone was injured.

- Canton, TX, USA

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

We purchased a white 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan 4/30/11, it now has 24,000 miles. We have noticed that both sliding side doors have caused like evenly placed black marks on the rear wheel wells when the doors have been in the open position. Both door interiors have marks where the doors have made contact with the body making the fore mentioned marks. We have made computer inquiry searching for "anyone with a Dodge Grand Caravan having issues with the sliding doors rubbing?" and have had hits on this issue.

- Blue Springs, MO, USA