2011 Dodge Grand Caravan body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

Jun 232013

Grand Caravan

While opening the back door of the minivan, I noticed a hissing sound coming from the side of the vehicle. My wife and son both noticed it a few minutes prior to me opening the door. About 15 seconds after I had opened it, I heard a loud bang and the entire gas strut exploded at the base and sent broken pieces flying about 15 ft into the driveway. I was holding the door at the time and the full weight obviously was then upon me. Upon researching this a bit I noticed that several major car manufacturers had issued recalls but apparently Dodge has not yet. Well I'm reporting that our 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan has the same issue and has the stabilus gas struts. I honestly hope no one gets injured and thankful that we were lucky in this instance. Had it been my wife not holding the door and my son standing right there, things could have gone down quite differently.

- Henderson, NV, USA