2011 Dodge Grand Caravan brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

Jul 192012

Grand Caravan

Well from the time I purchased the car I told the dealer about the ignition. The car speeding off while I'm driving in a regular street or highway. The warning lights doesn't warn. Enough is enough. Riding in the car in street yesterday once again the steering wheel locked in me in traffic and it shut down. No warning. So dangerous. There is no way there should be so many complaints about the same issues and they not have a recall and alternator actually fried and we could have been killed along with my children!!!! I'm scared. Im paying $500 dollars a month for a vehicle that is sitting and I can't drive. Please give hello me to get justice.

- Wilkes Barre, PA, USA

Jan 042016

Grand Caravan

Bought vehicle 10 mths ago. Have had trouble with it starting. Anti theft system came on, battery drained and key locked in ignition. Could not get it out without charging battery. Vehicle is now not wanting to start every time. Took to dealer, found out has faulty tipm. Parts on back order and will end up costing almost $1200 to repair. Still owe $14000 for vehicle and have to get repairs. This vehicle was purchased for my 89 year old mother so that she would be able to put her electric scooter in the back of it for travel. Company this was purchased at, I am sure knew of the issue, just as I am sure they knew of recall on a window switch that wasn't repaired. If this part is not repairs, steering can go out while driving, amongst other fatal things, such as brakes going out or stalling middle of driving. Dealer trying to blame other company for installing faulty tipm, when it is the company's faulty part.

- Vancleave,, MS, USA

Nov 072015

Grand Caravan

The vehicle was hard to start and often would not start, faulty tipm.

- Sebring, FL, USA

Oct 182015

Grand Caravan

My vehicle had a defective tipm module in it. I first had to replace the battery then the altenator then the key fob and finally the tipm module. Looking back that all of the first repairs turned out not to be the problem. We had always noticed that at times the windows would automatically roll down and that the electric doors would suddenly open up. We never quite knew what it was until now. We replaced the tipm and it worked fine. After spending 800 dollars that I didn't real need to the tipm was another 1000 dollars. I've seen the lawsuit that is on going related to the very same problem I had in the Grand Cherokee and the Dodge durangos. My vehicle is list in the addendum to the lawsuit. I'm very frustrated I had to spend first 800 dollars that didn't fix the problem then the1000 dollars knowing they haven't had a recall yet after so many complaints regarding the same issues.

- Thomasville, GA, USA

Oct 272015

Grand Caravan

First I was told it was the battery then it was the alternator then it was the key fob. After all these repairs the Dodge dealership says now it's the timp module. This van only has 65000 miles. I have seen hundreds of complaints about the very same issues for customers with the same type vehicles. I have also seen the lawsuit and recall for defective timp from 2013 and 2014. My vehicle is one that was listed as an addendum lawsuit that may be affected by this module. This vehicle was purchased in Florida in 2012.

- Thomasville, GA, USA

Sep 202015

Grand Caravan

The total integrated power module needed to be replaced, my windows weren't working, the tire pressure light would not turn off. My car stalls each morning 4X's before it can be turned on. I work with dogs, and when I have parked with a car full of dogs, I have waited up to 45 minutes to until my car had been able to finally start and drive off which is dangerous for the livelihood of the animals! I took my car to the dealer, and have to pay almost 2,000 dollars to get this fixed. This is not a ware and tear issue, this is a faulty Dodge part!!!

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Apr 012014

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

My van shut off in the middle of traffic on North roxboro road on the way to northern high school. I was protected until aaa came and towed my car to the dealer. I rented a car and I paid for the 1st week of the rental and the other week was cared for by the dealer. It is unknown what was wrong with the vehicle at this point in time. Once this happened, a few months later the car began to cut off at the gas station the day before my family was about to travel out of town. Once it cut off we had to drive another car that was not working well to our destination. Aaa jump started my van in order for me to get back to the dealership. The advised me that I needed a new battery, however the dealership I was told that if the battery was low and I received a jump start I should drive the car. I tried and turned around once again to the dealership. I waited 30 minutes before someone was able to push my van into the lot. My car was held most of the day and at the end of the day they told me I needed a battery. I called my husband to discuss the matter, he wanted to discuss the information with them and they were asking for a large amount of money to fix not only the battery, but the alternator as well. The alternator was not the problem I was told originally. I had only brought the car to their location. They wanted almost a $1000 to fix my van. I had aaa tow my van away, aaa brought me a new battery and they tested and found that the alternator was the main source of my problems. The last time my van shut off it had all of the lights on. The voltage light, the ABS brake lights, the oil lights, the air bag lights and the battery light. It has been in and out of commission. I had at least 3 incidences that involved my children and feel that our lives were at stake. I need to have a resolution in this matter without being required to buy a new plan. I feel cheated.

- Durham, NC, USA

Apr 132013

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact stated that while driving 55 mph, the traction control warning light illuminated as the contact lost control of the vehicle. The contact stated that he had to slow the vehicle down in order to regain control. The contact also stated that a few weeks later, the brakes failed as he depressed the brake pedal. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection and they stated that there was nothing wrong with vehicle. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 28,903.

- Philadelphia , PA, USA

Jul 202012

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

Start engine, put into reverse, the check engine light and ESC light comes on. Only seems to effect vehicle operation when driving down road and slowing down to make turn or stop. Then it sort of jerks or downshifts roughly. Bought this vehicle used on July 13, 2012. This has happened 4 times already. When I took it back for them to check it for codes, they said nothing showed up and just reset it. It happened again before I got home.

- Myrtle, MS, USA

Sep 282011

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

When starting, the engine occasionally makes a rattling noise and check engine light comes on. I took it to the dealer and after stating that no codes were captured, they cleared the code. The check engine light came on again so I took it back and they replaced the cam position sensor, which they said would fix it. It didn't and the check engine light continues to come on with a rattling at the start which now occurs more frequently. Now the traction control light comes on at the start and occasionally when driving at road speeds and dry conditions. The van loses power and is slow to accelerate. I have to pull over when driving, or if it occurs at starting, I have to shut the van down and restart the van and this corrects the problem. The next time it occurs, I will just drive it to the dealer and show them because they don't seem to believe me or they tell me there is nothing they can do. I see that I am now not the only one that this is happening too.

- Fort Rucker, AL, USA