2011 Dodge Grand Caravan electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments (Page 3 of 9)

Jun 122014

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V234000 (electrical system); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Fairmont City, IL, USA

Jan 052016

Grand Caravan

Vehicle does not start easily and at times experiences total power loss I've changed every fuse and relay as well as fuel pump and any other module or relay that can be replaced and much to my dispare the problems are still there to the point I don't feel safe driving with or without my whole family when it finally does decide to start it runs great but then you have to worry about the complete power loss issue which renders my brakes power steering and stability control completely useless! I don't know what else to do I'm stuck paying my finance company for a vehicle I can't drive and basically serves as little more than a pretty yard ornament we just got this vehicle in November 2015 the first sign of an issue was less than a week after purchase after little more than a month after driving off the lot and the third time losing power while driving the final time being on 275 in cincinnati 1/5/16 I decided that it's probably best to park the vehicle and not put our family in jeopardy especially during the cold cincinnati winter until we can figure it out or afford both the car payment and the trip to the ridiculously expensive Dodge dealership to pay for their technicians figure it out and then pay again to have it repaired

- New Richmond, OH, USA

Jan 042016

Grand Caravan

Bought vehicle 10 mths ago. Have had trouble with it starting. Anti theft system came on, battery drained and key locked in ignition. Could not get it out without charging battery. Vehicle is now not wanting to start every time. Took to dealer, found out has faulty tipm. Parts on back order and will end up costing almost $1200 to repair. Still owe $14000 for vehicle and have to get repairs. This vehicle was purchased for my 89 year old mother so that she would be able to put her electric scooter in the back of it for travel. Company this was purchased at, I am sure knew of the issue, just as I am sure they knew of recall on a window switch that wasn't repaired. If this part is not repairs, steering can go out while driving, amongst other fatal things, such as brakes going out or stalling middle of driving. Dealer trying to blame other company for installing faulty tipm, when it is the company's faulty part.

- Vancleave,, MS, USA

Nov 122015

Grand Caravan

Vehicle not starting after several attempts or stalling at speed. Tipm tested and found to have a faulty fuel relay. This is the same exact part involved in the recall of other models in the same year by Dodge.

- Annandale, VA, USA

Jun 022015

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V234000 (electrical system) and stated that the part needed for the repair were not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experience a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Pleasant Gap, PA, USA

Jul 082015

Grand Caravan

My Grand Caravan has issues starting, it just cranks and does not start. I had a Dodge mechanic check it out and he found it had the common issue of a bad fuel pump relay in the tipm. This same issue exists in the durango of the same year and it has a recal, why tfk aren't the Caravan included. It's the same fix installing an external relay bypassing the one on the tipm.

- North Lauderdale, FL, USA

Dec 052015

Grand Caravan

At first starting my Dodge Grand Caravan mainstreet was a headache. We would go out to start our Caravan and it took about 20 to 30 cranks before it would turn over. It stopped cranking on Saturday December 5, 2015. We had to get it towed home. Mind you I work 2 jobs and had to be at my second job on Saturday at 2:30 pm. We got it towed and had a mechanic come out to look at it. He found that the starter had stopped. We took the starter to an auto parts store for them to check it. The starter had died. We purchased the starter and got it installed and our car still would not stay cranked. The mechanic tested all our fuses and our fuse pump and found that one of our fused(M25) that goes to the fuel pump was not getting enough power to it. Researching online I found that Dodge has a civil suit against them for the tipm(totally integrated power module). I have had to walk 2 hours to get to my second job. On some days I have to pay for a taxi(total cost at $46 dollars) that is more than I make a day at my second job. I go to see if there is a recall on my vehicle for the tipm and its not. What do you do? I need transportation. I pay a car note of $480 a month and I can't afford to get this fixed. I will never purchase another Dodge. When all of this started my airbag lights popped on and my brake lights.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jan 012015

Grand Caravan

Van would not start diffucult to start van would crank, happened to many times we have had several instance that required and tow as the vehicle would not start.I'm just research to internet the problem I'm just read similar complain and problem, regards the van same my situation the tipm module defect., I went to local mechanic just take a look the problem the mechanic said battery need to changes the key fod need the change and reset commputer, I'm spent around $800,00 dollar for everything and couples and months smell thing happened the van not start diffucult to start, I call a local dealership, I speak to service assosiates I told that if any recall tipm module but the guy said none, I'm afraid to drive the van stranded againt anytime just park to my parking lot couple week I don't have money to fix around$1200,00 the worst thing I'm still monthly payments to my van for nothing

- Portland, OR, USA

Oct 182015

Grand Caravan

My vehicle had a defective tipm module in it. I first had to replace the battery then the altenator then the key fob and finally the tipm module. Looking back that all of the first repairs turned out not to be the problem. We had always noticed that at times the windows would automatically roll down and that the electric doors would suddenly open up. We never quite knew what it was until now. We replaced the tipm and it worked fine. After spending 800 dollars that I didn't real need to the tipm was another 1000 dollars. I've seen the lawsuit that is on going related to the very same problem I had in the Grand Cherokee and the Dodge durangos. My vehicle is list in the addendum to the lawsuit. I'm very frustrated I had to spend first 800 dollars that didn't fix the problem then the1000 dollars knowing they haven't had a recall yet after so many complaints regarding the same issues.

- Thomasville, GA, USA

Jul 222015

Grand Caravan

My vehicle has died! it needs a tipm. My car has stalled nurmerous times on the highway and takes me over 30 attempts to start! is now in the shop

- Wentzville, MO, USA

Oct 272015

Grand Caravan

First I was told it was the battery then it was the alternator then it was the key fob. After all these repairs the Dodge dealership says now it's the timp module. This van only has 65000 miles. I have seen hundreds of complaints about the very same issues for customers with the same type vehicles. I have also seen the lawsuit and recall for defective timp from 2013 and 2014. My vehicle is one that was listed as an addendum lawsuit that may be affected by this module. This vehicle was purchased in Florida in 2012.

- Thomasville, GA, USA

Jan 022015

Grand Caravan

Fuel pump wouldn't disengage causing me to keep taking out fuse which burned my thumbs. Won't start at all now. Shut off two times while driving on street almost causing accidents both times

- Clarksville, TN, USA

Sep 172015

Grand Caravan

fuel pump does not turn off *trouble starting car and some days just will not start at all engine stalls while driving; twice on the freeway luckily no accident. Horn randomly will go off. * said the key was in the ignition when it wasn't

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Oct 212015

Grand Caravan

The vehicle of record has been spontaneously shutting off all day, it shut off 15 times in 1 parking lot, but the most dangerous aspect was when it shut off while I was doing the speed limit in a 50 and a 55 mph zone. It will generally shut off randomly, but primarily at stop signs or backing out of parking spaces, but there have been 3 instances where it shut off at 40 mph or higher in the last 8 hours, when these shut offs happen it takes 5-10 attempts to restart the car. When these instances happen the brakes and steering wheel lock up making it very difficult to stop and/or turn.

- Lancaster, CA, USA

Oct 172015

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan. While driving approximately 25 mph, the engine stalled. After several attempts, the vehicle was able to restart. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the totally integrated power module needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN was not provided. The approximate failure mileage was 80,000.

- Tinley Park, IL, USA

May 072014

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V234000 (electrical system) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Fort Wayne, IN, USA

Oct 072015

Grand Caravan

Van would crank but would not start. After several attempts it started but ran erratic. After driving van for ~20 minutes van began to hesitate while driving at 55 mph on a state highway. I researched problem on internet and noticed other with a similar problem. I also noticed Chrysler announced a recall on 2011 Dodge durango and Jeep Grand Cherokee SUVS for a very similar problem but not for the Grand Caravan. The root cause of the problem appears to be the fuel pump relay in the tipm. I discussed the problem with my local Chrysler dealership and the service adviser indicated that he was aware of the recall and had also seen the similar issue on vans. The dealership bypassed the relay using mopar part cbwpr091aa wiring - fuel pump relay. Part was $18.88 and total bill with labor was $176. The van appears to be operating normally at this time.

- Lacombe, LA, USA

Oct 092015

Grand Caravan

The vehicle became difficult to start until it finally quit starting. We replaced the fuel pump, but the problem continued. It has now been diagnosed as a faulty tipm. The replacement part is on backorder and there is no delivery date set as of yet.

- Ringgold, GA, USA

Sep 202015

Grand Caravan

The total integrated power module needed to be replaced, my windows weren't working, the tire pressure light would not turn off. My car stalls each morning 4X's before it can be turned on. I work with dogs, and when I have parked with a car full of dogs, I have waited up to 45 minutes to until my car had been able to finally start and drive off which is dangerous for the livelihood of the animals! I took my car to the dealer, and have to pay almost 2,000 dollars to get this fixed. This is not a ware and tear issue, this is a faulty Dodge part!!!

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Sep 282015

Grand Caravan

Faulty tipm vehicle do not start

- Rchmond, TX, USA