2011 Dodge Grand Caravan electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments (Page 7 of 10)

Jul 082014

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

On July 8, 2014 we had the van oil changed with dealership. Was told after the service that they disconnected the rear quarter vent window switch due to safety recall. The parts are finally coming in very slowly and we were told today by the dealership that they will notify us (we are on the list). We have not been able to use the rear windows since July....over 8 months ago!!!.... getting very frustrated...have been on hold with Chrysler now for 38 minutes!!...

- Creekside, PA, USA

Jul 082014

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

Recall rear quarter vent window switch was disconnected by dealership due to safety recall. The dealership told us that the needed repair part is only coming in slowly now...(March 27, 2015) and that we will be noticed. We have not been able to use the rear windows from July 8, 2014....am getting very frustrated...

- Creekside, PA, USA

Mar 012015

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

Vehicle would not start all the time. A few times it the engine stopped running while driving-no warning. Diagnosed as faulty tipm. Cost over $1000 to fix. Chrysler has recalled some vehicles but not the 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan.

- East Falmouth, MA, USA

Oct 252013

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

Vehicle would not start and when it did it would run at a fast idle then it would go in to limp mode while driving on the road, leaving the vehicle with little to no power to move out of the way of traffic in the middle on an intersection when the vehicle went in to limp mode. Vehicle would lose all engine power while accelerating to speed at random times (making the vehicle bogs down) making the driver and any passengers get thrown forward and then be thrown back when engine power would come back. Vehicle was also giving me problems with the automatic side doors not opening and closing and the HVAC system would come on by its self at random times. The dealer replaced the battery (that I had to pay for) stating that was the reason for all of the problems I was having. After getting vehicle back everything was good for a few days then went back to doing all of the same problems within a few day of getting vehicle back form dealer. Took vehicle back to dealer for the 2nd time and they replaced the PCM (2nd time the PCM had been replace since purchased 12/31/2011) & throttle body (that I had to pay the deductible). Vehicle was still having the same problems so I took it back to the dealer for the 3rd time within a 18 day period. The service advisor told me that I could be the tipm but they would have to see it act up before they could replace the part, dealer told me that the tipm was the cause of all the problems. The tipm was replaced (had to pay for partial of the cost) and everything was working again. I feel that even with the tipm replaced that I could still have gotten a poorly made part as a replacement. I feel at time while driving that some of the problems are starting all over again, like the sliding door not working and the HVAC system turning on by its self. On 1/22/15 I had a fuel injector go bad and had to be replaced, maybe due to the tipm?

- Grapevine, TX, USA

Jan 062015

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V530000 (electrical system). However, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Kernersville, NC, USA

Mar 202015

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V234000 (electrical system); however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 5/5/15 the recall repair was completed. Updated 05/12/15

- Savanna, MO, USA

Mar 192015

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V234000 (electrical system) however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 4/21/15 the consumer stated it had been over a year and the parts to repair the vehicle had not become available. Updated 6/26/2015

- Pine Grove Mills, PA, USA

Mar 172015

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V234000 (electrical system); however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was unavailable.

- Cape Coral, FL, USA

Mar 132015

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V234000 (electrical system); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Clarence, NY, USA

Mar 112015

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V234000 (electrical system) however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Arlington Heights , IL, USA

Sep 032014

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

The totally integrated power module (tipm) was diagnosed as being defective. I was without a vehicle for 3 months due to a nationwide shortage.

- Hamilton, IN, USA

Nov 012014

Grand Caravan

The problems began with the vehicle not starting on the first attempt. Sometimes it takes several attempts to turn over. The windshield wipers come on for no reason and won't shut off for a while. Sometimes the fuel pump continues to run even when the car is turned off. The battery had been drained completely and needed replacement shortly after purchase.

- Kailua , HI, USA

Feb 192015

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V234000 (electrical system). The contact stated that the part needed to remedy the vehicle was unavailable. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Abita Springs, LA, USA

Jun 012014

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V234000 (electrical system). The vehicle was taken to a dealer. The technician deactivated the window switch and a temporary remedy due to the part not being available to repair the vehicle. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Boise, ID, USA

Aug 012014

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

In August 2014 our Dodge Grand Caravan (2011) began having problems starting up immediately. This continued and progressively got worse as time went on. We were forced to try and coax the van to start by turning the ignition back and forth from accy (accessory) to start repeatedly, at times for up to 30-45 minutes before it would start. We experienced the van's engine shutting off for no reason at stoplights and in the middle of driving. At one point, the fuel pump would not turn off even though the van was off and the key removed from the ignition. We were forced to disconnect the battery every time we got out of the vehicle so as not to cause possible overheating of the fuel pump. Once the fuel pump stopped running we were unable to start the van at all, leaving my stranded in my vehicle until I could be picked up. Because this is our only vehicle we were forced to get the tipm replaced which cost $1114.68.

- Dallas, GA, USA

Jan 142015

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

Vehicle stalled 6 times while traveling on expressway 70-75 mph, lights going on and off...loss of power steering and brakes when stalled. Took vehicle to dealership who could not duplicate. They had been conferring with Dodge representative who after 1 week stated to give vehicle back to customer. After extensive research I feel it is a faulty tipm, however Dodge apparently does not think so. So I have a vehicle that can stall at any time...Dodge knows there is a problem and they just don't care. I will say the dealership was great, free loaner car, no charge for diagnostic and they genuinely felt bad to hand the car back over...I did not buy my vehicle from this dealership, however they treated me as if I was a customer of theirs.

- Bay City, MI, USA

Oct 012014

- Langhorne, PA, USA

Jun 012014

Grand Caravan

The contact owns 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V234000 (electrical system) however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer had exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The contact had not experienced a failure. Pam

- Olney, MD, USA

Sep 082014

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V234000 (electrical system) and stated that the part was not available for several months. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact did not experience a failure.

- Hartford, WI, USA

Dec 182014

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

I was driving to go pick up my wife and I was on a back two lane road when my van just shut off. I put it in neutral and it took a couple of times to restart but eventually did. Since then my vehicle has had a few issues with starting. I have had a mechanic look at it but he sees nothing wrong. It also happened to my wife while traveling down the road. She was at a traffic light when it just turned green. She put her foot on the accelerator and it stopped in heavy traffic. She was with my youngest son and he was scared to death. We keep having to have road side assistance to come jump start it. Today January 17, 2015 the man come out to jump start it and it is completely dead. We used to hear this sound like air coming from the rear driver side tire but nothing now. He said to me it may be a fuel pump.

- Columbia, SC, USA