2011 Dodge Grand Caravan engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

Jul 192012

Grand Caravan

Well from the time I purchased the car I told the dealer about the ignition. The car speeding off while I'm driving in a regular street or highway. The warning lights doesn't warn. Enough is enough. Riding in the car in street yesterday once again the steering wheel locked in me in traffic and it shut down. No warning. So dangerous. There is no way there should be so many complaints about the same issues and they not have a recall and alternator actually fried and we could have been killed along with my children!!!! I'm scared. Im paying $500 dollars a month for a vehicle that is sitting and I can't drive. Please give hello me to get justice.

- Wilkes Barre, PA, USA

Aug 022015

Grand Caravan

When driving at 30mph my van accelerated on its on without the gas pedal being touched. I had to push my brakes, I then pulled over. When attempting to drive my van again it did the same thing again. My malfunction indicator light came on the dash after the second acceleration. I then had my car towed.

- Worthington , KY, USA

Oct 012014

Grand Caravan

Letter from senator on behalf of constituent re 2011 grand Dodge Grand Caravan. The consumer stated the vehicle suddenly accelerated, when she applied the brake, at 15 mph. She crashed into her neighbor's garage.

- Shawano, WI, USA

Feb 182014

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

I would occasionally smell smoke while driving the first few times it happened I pulled over but noticed no obvious smoke coming from anywhere, this was never a consistent ongoing problem meaning I don't smell it daily. Sometimes while driving at maybe 40 mph if I give it a little more gas to speed up a little it would speed up more than I thought it should. When unplugging the usb cord into the board for music I can hear a loud noise that typically is associated with electrical problems. Most recently my A/C has began coming on automatically, this began last week and has happened at least 5 times so far. Since the A/C issue I got online to goggle ad search for possible recalls. I placed a call with a local Dodge dealer to explain the issues I'm having and ask about a recall, I was told someone would return my call but has not. This van has a ramp installed in it and is used to Transport my daughter who has special needs. I need this resolved asap.

- Little Rock, AR, USA

May 062013

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact stated that when traveling with the cruise control set at any speed, the vehicle would accelerate beyond the set speed limit. The failure was most prominent when traveling downhill and the vehicle would continue to accelerate until the brakes were applied. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and the contact was advised that although the failure was common, there was not a remedy available to rectify the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 31,000 and the current mileage was 34,000.

- South Haven , MN, USA

Aug 152012

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact stated that while driving 65 mph with the cruise control activated, the electronic throttle control warning lamp illuminated and the vehicle suddenly decelerated independently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who was unable to diagnose the problem. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure who did not offer any assistance. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 34,200 and the current mileage was 37,800.....updated 10/11/12 the consumer stated royal Chrysler diagnosed the failure to be because of the handicapped equipment installed by access unlimited. Updated 10/17/2012

- Greene, NY, USA