2011 Dodge Grand Caravan fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Nov 132014

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

After being told by the dealer our van wouldn't start due to the alternator, we decided to have the alternator looked at. The other mechanic found nothing to be wrong with the alternator. The dealer also said we needed our fuel pump replaced. We have had other vehicles that needed fuel pumps replaced and when the fuel pump went out we were not able to drive it at all. My husband was at an appointment and after turning off van he heard something running. The sound was tracked to the fuel pump. So the dealer wasted our time and money all the time trying to have us replace parts that would not have corrected the problem. After calling and trying to get a fuel pump regulator we discovered the fuel pump regulator is built into the tipm. We have a faulty tipm. I wish Dodge would get off their butt and issue a recall already. The only way a can shut the fuel pump off is to unhook the battery.

- Owensboro, KY, USA

Nov 202013

Grand Caravan

The car cut off while driving, a week before I took the car to the dealer complaining about the car no starting intermittent. The dealer return the car saying no problem found. After this happens cutting off while driving, I took the car again to the dealer, this time the dealer replace the "tipm" P/N 68244893aa, I was charged $890.10, the dealer mechanic informed me that this is well known problem, for the safety of other please force Chrysler to recall this "tipm" as they did to the SUV's.

- N. Miami Beach , FL, USA

May 152014

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to start after several attempts. Once started, the vehicle stalled while driving various speeds. The vehicle was able to be restarted and was taken to the dealer. The contact was informed that the totally integrated power module was faulty and caused the fuel pump to malfunction. The vehicle was not repaired because the necessary part was on back order. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 66,000.

- Wichita, KS, USA

Jul 052014

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

I have a 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan with about 52,000 miles on it. On day the radio just went off and then turned back on. It did this multiple times before we sent it in to the shop. Then one day it would not start. It would turn over but would not fire until I tried it 6 to 10 times and then it would start. We took it in to the dealer for a misfire in cylinder #2 ( recall on left head) but it started all the time for them, until I went to leave, and then no start. The tech was able to duplicate it and said we would trouble shoot it. A week later they called and said it is more then likely the tipm causing the problem and the part is backorder nationally and would cost me $1037 plus tax for the parts and labor. If it is back ordered then there is a big problem and Chrysler knows about it. I hope they issue a recall soon so I can get my money back.

- Humble, TX, USA