3.2

2012 Dodge Grand Caravan miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2012 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

Jun 012016

Grand Caravan

My vehicle randomly stalls while I am driving. It happens at varying times of the day, varying speeds, sometimes several times a week, other times it is fine for a month. I have had it to the dealership several times and they cannot find anything wrong with it.

- West Des Moines, IA, USA

Sep 142015

Grand Caravan

Air conditioning failed due to corroded ac lines. Repair costs totaled $687. Mechanic advised that a poor design contributed to premature corrosion.

- Coudersport, PA, USA

Aug 192015

Grand Caravan

Faulty tipm. Wife transporting children, van stalls and cannot be started after multiple attempts. No pwer to entire vehicle. Very dangerous. Dodge says this is not a recall but online research exposes that this is a huge safety issue. What is going on. Issue a reecall before someone gets hurt or killed!!

- Camarillo, CA, USA

Sep 032015

Grand Caravan

I called the dealer inpanama city, fl to set up appointment to fix recall and they told me there was a long waiting list to get it fixed. They took my name and number and said they'd contact me when I came up on list. They have not called me back so I have not had the recall fixed. That was three months ago.

- Panama City, FL, USA

Aug 282015

Grand Caravan

For a couple of weeks the engine and battery lights would come on but flash off. I assumed that the oil just needed to be changed. Had the oil changed on 8/17/15 and requested that the mechanic put it on the computer for any additional issues. When I picked up my 2012 Dodge Caravan the service technican stated that nothing was found. Then on 8/28 I was driving at 35 mph when all the dashboard lights started coming on and the van seemed sluggish. Because I wasn't sure what was happening I pulled over to the side of the road and shut the vehicle off... letting it sit about 10minutes - when I went to start it, it would not start. Had a friend come and jump me so I could get it home. Had a mechanic come to the house and put it on the computer and found the alternator was blown. It is barely 3 years old and only 63830 miles.

- Billings , MT, USA

Oct 012014

Grand Caravan

In fall of last year (2014), I received the P25/NHTSA 14V-234 safety recall notice for the rear quarter vent window switch. I've been trying to schedule with local dealership to have new part installed for almost a year now with no success. I've been told I was put on a waiting list while the service department waits for the part(s) to arrive which are on back order. I recently received another recall notice in the mail and would like to get this resolved. Please advise.

- Millersville, MD, USA

Jul 232015

Grand Caravan

The passenger side sliding door becomes stuck shut and unable to open. In the event of an emergency we would not be able to quickly get a child out from that side. This is not a failure of power doors. The door physically won't open regardless of being unlocked.

- Papillion, NE, USA

Feb 132015

Grand Caravan

Received a recall notice in January 2015, original appointment made in February to have the rear quarter vent window switch replaced, now I have been on a waiting list at jeff wyler eastgate since being told that their has been 100-50 people ahead of me and that the dealer gets about 10 of the parts in monthly so my wait could be another 5-6 months. Not having the part keeps the rear of the car hot so we cannot ventilate allowing air into the rear windows. This is unacceptable when someone invests 20-30 thousand into a car purchase.

- Loveland, OH, USA

Jan 212015

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

I have received a second recall notice on my van ; have taken it in for service and asked about having the issue taken care of but, the dealership has not received replacement parts yet. It is now the middle of January 2015 and this notification was first issued last June!! what is the hold up with the parts.

- Northfield Ctr, OH, USA