2014 Dodge Grand Caravan seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2014 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

Oct 182016

Grand Caravan

On Tuesday 10/18/2016, I was backing the van out of the garage and stopped to adjust the tilt when the airbag light suddenly came on. Took it to the dealer (10/20/2016) and was told they wanted $115 to run the diagnostic. All safety related issues with any vehicle should be warrantied for the life of the car.

- Holiday, FL, USA

Oct 202016

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

Air bag sensor light keeps coming on. Took to dealership and service states kids feet must be kicking it lose or shoving bottle under seat. 1st off vehicle is suppose to be to Transport especially kids! kids have not been in vehicle for month and light is now coming on. Went off for a couple of weeks again and now comes on and shuts off when hitting slightest bump in road. Questioning if faulty or bad connector but service states they will charge me to fix it despite warranty. Please help me!

- Bedford, NH, USA

Apr 152015

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan. On several occasions, the air bag warning indicator illuminated. The contact was also concerned about the totally integrated power module. The contact stated that the driver and passenger side windows would roll up or roll down independently. The vehicle was taken to be diagnosed, but the dealer was unable to duplicate the failures. The contact stated that the failures were intermittent. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 22,000.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Apr 062016

Grand Caravan

I bought my vehicle at a Chevrolet dealer and they have no info if there is a recall on Dodge vans regarding airbag lights coming on and off, I searched for a recall on this but only found it on other Dodge vehicles. It has been doing it for almost 3 weeks now, on occasion stays on for a day or two or comes on and off for several minutes and some days does not come on at all. It comes on when first start vehicle or while in motion.

- Franklin, IN, USA

Sep 012015

Grand Caravan

The vehicle airbag lights stay on...the windshield wipers cut on by themselves and the window rolls down by itself. The car can be stationary or in motion.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Oct 112015

Grand Caravan

The dashboard light and bell for air bags keeps coming on. Car was being driven on regular roads from 35 to 70 miles per

- Davenport, FL, USA

Jul 192015

Grand Caravan

The contact rented a 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact stated that after the vehicle was started, the air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 40,900.

- St. Louis, MO, USA

Jan 042015

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact stated that while driving approximately 30 mph, the vehicle crashed the vehicle into the rear of a second vehicle. The contact indicated that during the crash, the front driver and passenger side air bags failed to deploy. The driver sustained injuries to the head, neck, and chest. The front passenger sustained injuries to the back and chest. The contact stated that both occupants required medical treatment. A police report was filed at the scene. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 2,800. Updated 3/12/15 updated 6/19/2015

- East Falmouth, MA, USA

Jul 302014

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

The airbag light began going on intermittently, at mile 142, on day 3, of owning my brand new vehicle. I took it back to the dealership, and they reset the computer. The same night, the problem recurred. The dealer set up another appointment for me, on day 8 of ownership. That night, they called to advise me that the tipm was faulty, and that the part is on backorder. They have since put me in a rental car, and I don't know when the part will be in. I have now learned that there is a class action against Chrysler regarding this exact part. It causes many dangerous safety issues, not limited to airbag issues. I am extremely concerned for my family's safety, once I get my new car back. I am unconvinced that the new tipm will not continue to be a danger to us.

- Denver, NC, USA