6.0

1. replace O rings, was recalled once for this already (1 reports)
1997 Dodge Intrepid engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Dodge Intrepid:

1997 Dodge Intrepid Owner Comments

Dec 012002

Intrepid

I have noticed the last month that my fuel milege has dropped off, and the other day I had my hood opened when the engine was running and smelled gas. So I looked down through my air intake plenum, and I could see vapor coming out of an injector. Then under the injector, I could see a small puddle of gas, laying on my intake. So I am not driving the car till it is fixed. The car was recalled once for the injector o rings, and I am going to try to get the dealer to fix it again. If you ask me it is a poor design. I got rid of an 86 Chrysler that was a turbo engine with more than 200000 miles on it and I never had trouble with the o rings. This 97 has been recalled once, and I had this trouble before and they said a injector was cracked. So I paid them 270 to fix that. Now I am pretty sure it is the same injector. There is no excuse for this nonsense.

- , Ranson, WV, USA