4.0

1998 Dodge Intrepid accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Dodge Intrepid:

1998 Dodge Intrepid Owner Comments

Nov 212006

Intrepid 2.7L V6

Two other reports confirmed my issue about the headlights flickering at random along with the instrument panel on the dash. This is what I tried already with no luck: check battery connection, replaced engine block ground mesh wire, tore the dash apart to get to instrument panel board to check and nothing seemed wrong. Checked circuit board for cracks and abrasions with no visual flaws. Issue seems to be more annoying when the engine is warmed up along with the cab ( on cold days). I'm going to do a test on the Headlamp/running light switch (inside the cab) to see if it possibly has a bad ground or connection inside. This is a 85 dollar part and I'm making sure that the old one is indeed bad. I'm guessing that the increasing temperature in the cab is creating expansion on some of the wiring or circuitry within the switch. If we really think about this, the problem does not exist when the light switch is off. The problem does exist when I have the running lights or headlights on because the switch is allowing the power surge thru to the instrument panel and headlights..... In theory of course.... If anyone else has some input, please reply to this or email me outright. If this switch is the issue, then I'll contact the others personally.

Regards, JAB