- September 10: Dodge Grand Caravan Stalling Engines Get Look-See From Feds
- September 2: Dodge Dart Transmission Class-Action Lawsuit Filed in California
- August 28: Judge Says Chrysler TIPM Class-Action Lawsuit Can Move Forward
- September 3: Chrysler Wants Dodge Ram Tie-Rod Lawsuit Dismissed
- August 22: When Will Chrysler Do Something About Defective TIPMs?
1999 Dodge Intrepid
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Dodge Intrepid, Stratus & other Chrysler sedans are infamous for oil sludge problems with the 2.7L V6 engine. If someone offers to sell you a 2.7L V6 model, it's only worth the price of the scrap metal it's going to shortly turn into.
NOTE: Only the 2.7L V6 has the oil sludge problem. Our "Avoid like the Plague" designation is ONLY for models with the 2.7L V6 engine. All other available engines are very reliable with no major problems.
Even with regular maintenance, the oil sludge defect eventually destroys the 2.7L engine typically around 80,000-100,000 miles. The only true fix we know about is to put in the larger 3.2L engine, which has a great reputation.
This issue was never deemed a safety defect by the Feds, so there was no recall. In the end, Chrysler got away with FOUR YEARS worth of defective 2.7L V6 engines in their sedans.
Worst 1999 Intrepid electrical Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- battery won't hold a charge4
- ignition problems3
- oil light on1
- NHTSA: Electrical System28
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Battery5
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition5
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring4
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring: Front Underhood4
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Battery: Cables3
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition: Switch3
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring: Interior/Under Dash2
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Alternator/Generator/Regulator1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Fuses And Circuit Breakers1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Dodge Intrepid Model Years
Curious how the 1999 Intrepid compares to other years?
Check out our Dodge Intrepid overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Intrepid.