CarComplaints.com Notes: The Dodge Intrepid, Stratus & other Chrysler sedans are infamous for oil sludge problems with the 2.7L V6 engine. If someone offers to sell you a 2.7L V6 model, it's only worth the price of the scrap metal it's going to shortly turn into.

NOTE: Only the 2.7L V6 has the oil sludge problem. Our "Avoid like the Plague" designation is ONLY for models with the 2.7L V6 engine. All other available engines are very reliable with no major problems.

Even with regular maintenance, the oil sludge defect eventually destroys the 2.7L engine typically around 80,000-100,000 miles. The only true fix we know about is to put in the larger 3.2L engine, which has a great reputation.

This issue was never deemed a safety defect by the Feds, so there was no recall. In the end, Chrysler got away with FOUR YEARS worth of defective 2.7L V6 engines in their sedans.

7.3

2. replaced window regulator (1 reports)
1999 Dodge Intrepid windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Dodge Intrepid:

1999 Dodge Intrepid Owner Comments

Nov 142010

Intrepid 3.2L

I don't have the money to fix it, it just stopped going up and down after driving on a dirt road. I think there may have been dust and rocks in it, and sometimes if I slammed the door the window would start working again. on the 14th it just stopped working at all.

- , Winnipeg, Mabitoba, Canada

Apr 042007

Intrepid 2.7l

I had just had the engine replaced, and I drove to a car wash and when I proceeded to roll the window down, it broke. This is only 3 months after having the car.

- , Frankfort, KY, USA

May 222006

Intrepid

Where this has happened to alot of the dodge intrepids and to two of my windows there should be a recall to get these replaced. To get my car inspected this needs to be fixed.

- , Sanford, ME, USA