- April 25: Dodge Dart Clutch Lawsuit Should be Dismissed, Says Chrysler news | 2 days ago
- April 24: Lawsuit: Chrysler Gear Shift Confusing and Dangerous news | 3 days ago
- April 17: Jeep, Dodge and Chrysler Valve Stems Focus of Lawsuit news | 10 days ago
- March 24: Dodge Ram Tie-Rod Lawsuit Will Be Settled news | 34 days ago
- February 19: Chrysler Recalls Dodge Charger and Chrysler 300 recalls | 67 days ago
2000 Dodge Intrepid
accessories - interior Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Dodge Intrepid, Stratus & other Chrysler sedans are infamous for oil sludge problems with the 2.7L V6 engine. If someone offers to sell you a 2.7L V6 model, it's only worth the price of the scrap metal it's going to shortly turn into.
NOTE: Only the 2.7L V6 has the oil sludge problem. Our "Avoid like the Plague" designation is ONLY for models with the 2.7L V6 engine. All other available engines are very reliable with no major problems.
Even with regular maintenance, the oil sludge defect eventually destroys the 2.7L engine typically around 80,000-100,000 miles. The only true fix we know about is to put in the larger 3.2L engine, which has a great reputation.
This issue was never deemed a safety defect by the Feds, so there was no recall. In the end, Chrysler got away with FOUR YEARS worth of defective 2.7L V6 engines in their sedans.
Worst 2000 Intrepid accessories - interior Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- weather striping is falling off11
- gas gauge goes crazy3
- interior lights work sporadically3
- automatic door locks make grinding noise and do not work,2
- cannot fasten the hammock in the trunk1
- dash gauges not working1
- door latches break1
- excessive tension on shifter1
- rear speakers no longer work1
- trunk lock malfunction1
- NHTSA: Seats: Front Assembly: Recliner25
- NHTSA: Interior Lighting9
- NHTSA: Seats7
- NHTSA: Equipment5
- NHTSA: Child Seat: Shield Assembly 1
- NHTSA: Communications: Horn Assembly1
- NHTSA: Equipment: Mechanical: Jacks1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Dodge Intrepid Model Years
Curious how the 2000 Intrepid compares to other years?
Check out our Dodge Intrepid overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Intrepid.