- August 22: Chrysler Recalls Dodge Charger and Dodge Challenger Cars recalls | 2 days ago
- August 12: Daimler Recalls Sprinter 2500 and 3500 Vans Over Takata Airbags recalls | 12 days ago
- July 22: Chrysler Recalls Dodge Challengers That May Roll Away recalls | 33 days ago
- July 15: Chrysler Recalls 442,000 Cars and SUVs Over Alternator Failures recalls | 40 days ago
- July 14: Chrysler Recalls 363,000 Dodge Journey SUVs recalls | 41 days ago
2000 Dodge Intrepid
seat belts / air bags Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Dodge Intrepid, Stratus & other Chrysler sedans are infamous for oil sludge problems with the 2.7L V6 engine. If someone offers to sell you a 2.7L V6 model, it's only worth the price of the scrap metal it's going to shortly turn into.
NOTE: Only the 2.7L V6 has the oil sludge problem. Our "Avoid like the Plague" designation is ONLY for models with the 2.7L V6 engine. All other available engines are very reliable with no major problems.
Even with regular maintenance, the oil sludge defect eventually destroys the 2.7L engine typically around 80,000-100,000 miles. The only true fix we know about is to put in the larger 3.2L engine, which has a great reputation.
This issue was never deemed a safety defect by the Feds, so there was no recall. In the end, Chrysler got away with FOUR YEARS worth of defective 2.7L V6 engines in their sedans.
Worst 2000 Intrepid seat belts / air bags Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- seat belts stick1
- seatbelt squeaks1
- NHTSA: Air Bags: Frontal17
- NHTSA: Air Bags8
- NHTSA: Seat Belts: Front: Anchorage4
- NHTSA: Seat Belts2
- NHTSA: Seat Belts: Front2
- NHTSA: Seat Belts: Front: Retractor2
- NHTSA: Seat Belts: Front: Buckle Assembly1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Dodge Intrepid Model Years
Curious how the 2000 Intrepid compares to other years?
Check out our Dodge Intrepid overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Intrepid.