2. replaced the computer in the transmission (1 reports)
  3. transmission solenoid replacement (1 reports)
2003 Dodge Intrepid transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Intrepid:

2003 Dodge Intrepid Owner Comments

Oct 102010

Intrepid SE 2.7L V6

Doesn't happen a lot, but I'll pull forward then try to go into reverse to back into a parking spot or my driveway it won't go into reverse.

- , Chapin, SC, USA

Jul 022012

Intrepid SE 2.7L

Everyone is telling me this is the worst engine ever built, but I love my car and wanted to salvage it. It was going into "limp-in"mode where the car sticks in 2nd gear. There is a mild clunk, engine light comes on and car won't speed up (unless you're dumb enough to not notice it cranking 4000rpms on 40mph). First mechanic was stumped, tried replacing the computer, traced all the wires and tested all the relays and things. Gave my money back because he didn't fix it. It is currently at a transmission shop. Its been 3 days, no word. :-( anyone know how to fix it?

- , Eastlake, OH, USA

May 012006

Intrepid SE 2.7L

I barely had this car for a year when out of no where I stop at a light and feel the car jerk, it stays in gear and a person can easily blow the engine if they don't notice it. Once the car is turned off and turned back on again it resets, but if I went over 40 mph it would do the same thing over again. This is a very common thing to happen to these cars. DO NOT EVER GET A DODGE INTREPID, or any Dodge in my opinion.

- , Trenton, OH, USA

Nov 012006

Intrepid SXT 3.5 V6

I got a really good deal on this car. ( I thought) On the second day the check engine light came on. I replaced a sensor. About 3 months later the check engine light came on and it wouldn't shift. I had the computer replaced in the transmission. Now the check engine light is on again!!!!! It has been one problem after another. This is a 2003!! I should not be having these problems. How can Dodge get away with building such crappy cars?

- , Columbus, OH, USA