9.0

1. replace lifters (2 reports)
2004 Dodge Intrepid engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Intrepid:

2004 Dodge Intrepid Owner Comments

Dec 102008

Intrepid SE 2.7L V6

i paid 12,000cash the car was only 4200 miles so i decide to come back to my country Guatemala . i was going in the hgw and i start to smell something like antifreeze so i stop and look under the car the car had a like it was the water pump so i fixed after that the front shocks ...a/c stop working ...the check engine litght .....any time i make a turn in my car make a noise something like ;;;clack;;;;so i been spending about 4,500 for this car sorry about my English i lived in Texas 3 years ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; i never going to buy this again

- , Guatemala, GT, Guatemala

Dec 082008

Intrepid SXT 3.5L

i had what sounded like a lifter knock for about a month. I tried changing the oil repeatedly I tried adding RESTORE to the oil, I evn spent the extra buck for the Lucas oil additive. Nothing worked, still had that damn knock. I brought it to the dealership and the mechanic tried telling me it wasn't a lifter knock. he said it was the fuel injectors making the noise. Yeah, and i must be low on headlight fluid, right? needless to say i went to a different dealership 2 hours away and sure enough, popped the valve train cover and there were 2 loose lifters.

- , Havelock, NC, USA