2.2

2004 Dodge Intrepid steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Intrepid:

2004 Dodge Intrepid Owner Comments

Jun 032007

Intrepid 6-cyl

Clanking noise in front end when turning the steering wheel in reverse or forward gears on a 2004 Dodge Intrepid. Dealer says rack and pinion is leaking causing the clanking noise and needs replaced. Car is not really safe to drive down the road. Dealer nor Chrysler will help with the repair I am told it is my expense at $1,300. Research on the web shows this is a defect with the manufacturers part and now I am expected to pay to fix it so I as a single mother can drive with my four children in this car that I make payments on!

- Pioneer, OH, USA

Mar 202007

Intrepid 6-cyl

My 2004 Dodge Intrepid with 80000 the rack and pinion needs to be replaced. I have also replaced the transmission at 50000. I believe this is not normal for a car.

- Sauk Village , IL, USA