7.0

2009 Dodge Journey electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Dodge Journey:

2009 Dodge Journey Owner Comments

May 012010

Journey SXT V6

In the two years I've owned my Journey, the alarm goes off randomly when I hit the unlock on my fob. No amount of button pushing or pleading will make it stop. When I remove the key from the fob and manually unlock the door and start the car, it continues to honk. The ONLY thing I have found that works is physically removing the fuse from under the hood. (No easy thing to do in the dark, or in a parking lot full of people staring at you! I've even had a cop come up to me while attempting the fuse-pull!) I've complained to my dealership and they supposedly tinkered with the alarm system, but it still happens. I don't know when or where, but it WILL happen again!

- , El Mirage, AZ, USA

Jun 292011

Journey SXT

I have had problems before with not being able to get in the car with the key fob during the day, but this proves to me there is something wrong with the electrical components of this vehicle and the key fob. I can't say for sure if someone was trying to get into my vehicle or not, but at 3am when the alarm went off, I got out of bed to see if it was mine. Sure enough it was. I grabbed the the key fob and pushed the button and nothing happened. So I have to go outside in my PJ's and try and turn my alarm off. The neighbor walks over to see whats going on. I finally get it turned off. I had to use the valet key to open the door put the key fob in the ignition and take it out and then turn off the alarm. What a pain in the a**.

- , Vidor, TX, USA