5.3

2. replace oxygen sensor harness (1 reports)
2009 Dodge Journey electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Dodge Journey:

2009 Dodge Journey Owner Comments

Jul 072010

Journey

Bought this car in April 2010. Not even 30 days later check engine light comes on!! I call the dealer where I bought it never got an answer never got a call back!!! Finally I did get in toouch with someone from where I bought it and they said the check engine light may have needed to be reset, check the fuel cap, and dont pump the gas while the car was running because that could cause the engine light to come on! I would have just taken it back if I didntI live 4 hours away from where I bought it! Got all of the above checked out, check engine light still on! And to add to that the no fuse light came on!! This car is becoming very annoying!!!

- , Macomb, IL, USA

Jun 012010

Journey

While driving home from work one day I was going up a steep grade and when I almost crested the hill my engine light began to blink and lost all power in my vehicle. I took it to the dealer and they told me that a mouse had got under my hood and made a nest. They charged me almost $700 to so call fix it. That very same day I picked it up from the dealer it happened again but was worse. When I took it back they said I had a cracked spark plug. A few weeks later it happened again. I have got all kind of excuses from my valves needed cleaned to we can't find anything wrong to this last time they THINK the fuel pump is bad. I have been dealing with this same issue for 4 months now and it still is not fixed. If you look in the owners manual it says that if your engine light is flashing while motor is running go to a dealer immediately because sever damage WILL occur.

If the computer doesn't throw any error codes the mechanics don't know what to do. Don't mechanics know how to find problems anymore???? They have to rely on the computer??? I'm sorry to all the good mechanics out there but I am really frustrated at this point. I am ready to drop my car off at the dealer and not pay chrysler another cent!!!!!!! Is anyone else having this issue?

- , Ebensburg, PA, USA

Jun 142008

• CVT transmission

Brought to dealer ,they checked it out ,3hours later. They said they needed to order a oxygen sensor harness and it wouldn't be in until July 17 th. I asked what was i supposed to do? they told me it was o.k. to drive until the part came in.

- , Girard, OH, USA